Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car or commercial permit. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum age requirement
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
- Valid documentation to drive in your country
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a front-facing, centered photo including the driver's full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver's license photo or other printed photograph
Tell us about yourself and your car, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll help you get one.
Bring your car to a local activation center, or partner with a transport company and drive using their vehicles. Requirements vary by city, so sign up to see more information.