How referrals work
If a reward is in your city, you could make more money. Invite friends to deliver through the Uber Eats platform, and if they complete a certain number of deliveries and meet the requirements, you earn a reward.
Looking for driving info?
In this video, you'll learn about:
- How you can refer a friend to deliver with Uber Eats
- How you get paid when your referral meets certain conditions
- How to track their progress
The basics of referrals
The app makes it easy for you to send referral invites directly from your contact list. Send a personalized text message or trigger an invite email in seconds.
1. Invite people you know to sign up to use the Uber app by sharing your invite code. You can find your invite code in your app.
2. Track your friend’s progress in your app. We’ll also follow up with an email to keep you posted on their status.
3. If a reward is live in your city, you can earn a reward once your friend completes a certain number of trips and meets all other conditions. The required number of trips and referral reward amount vary by city. You can find details on potential rewards for each invitee in your Driver app, once your friend signs up.
4. After your friend completes the specified number of trips and satisfies the requirements of the referral offer, you'll see a reward added to your account, and it will appear in your pay statement the following week.
How to invite friends in a few simple steps
1. Go to your Driver app and tap the menu icon.
2. Tap Earnings > Invite and earn > Learn more.
3. Tap Select from contacts, then choose a contact and tap Send invites.
Knowing people who might like delivering is just the beginning. Here are a few easy ways to help your friends sign up.
Check in with your friend
In the app or partner dashboard, tap or click Remind, and you'll be prompted to send your friend a text or email reminding them to finish signing up or start taking trips.
Signing up is a multi-step process, as you know. If your friend is stuck on a certain step, a lot of information is out there to help them. For example, local requirements and licenses can be found here.
Share on social media
Social media is a great way to get the word out to friends and people you know who may be interested in driving or delivering through the Uber platform. You can reach your entire network in seconds. Go to Invite and earn and tap Learn more. Tap Send invites and select Facebook or Twitter icons.
Questions from delivery partners
- How much money can I make?
Referral rewards vary by region. You can look up your reward amounts in your app.
- Can I refer someone in a different city?
Yes, you can. As long as your invitee signs up to drive or deliver in the same country as you and completes the required trips in the time period allowed, you can earn the referral reward offered in that city.
Referral requirements vary by city, so if your invitee signs up in a different city and completes the required trips and meets all other conditions of the referral offer, you will receive the referral incentive for the city they signed up to drive or deliver in, rather than the city you drive or deliver in.
- How do I refer someone on desktop?
Go to your partner dashboard to share your referral signup link on social media or send invites to any email address or phone number. Make sure you have your friend’s consent to do so.
- How do I know if my friend received their invitation?
You can track the progress of your friends as soon as they sign up.
- What if my friend is having trouble signing up?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.