Per airport regulations, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport) when driving with Uber at this airport.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app.
Additional Rules & Regulations
Once you drive onto airport property (this includes circling the arrivals area), you will NOT be able to accept new rides.
It is important to note that the following actions are expressly prohibited according to the ABQ Airport Rules & Regulations:
- Soliciting new riders within the terminals or curbside at ABQ Airport
- Distributing promotional materials at the airport
- Creating congestion issues by continuously circling Airport Terminal Road without being on an Uber trip request
- Stopping in taxi spaces or the emergency vehicle zones. For pickups at the west end (United Airlines curb), those should occur before the taxi spaces. For east end pickups (Alaska Airlines curb), those should occur just past the taxi spaces.
How airport trips work
1. Accepting and taking trips happens the same way as usual.
2. The app will show you where your local airport’s approved pickup or dropoff location is. It might be different from where you’d go if you weren’t driving with Uber; airports sometimes have designated zones for Uber and other ridesharing services.
3. If you’re dropping off a rider, you can ask them if their flight is domestic or international and what airline they’re flying, then you can look for signs that match what they tell you.
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Keep in mind that:
- The lot is “first in, first out”; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation