To drive with Uber in Windsor, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
- Vehicle model year must be 2008 or newer
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
Ontario has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for ridesharing. Drivers are still required to maintain a personal insurance policy.
Vehicle options in Windsor
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX. It's one of the most popular options for riders.
- 4-door vehicle in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles
View our list of popular models for uberX but others may qualify as well.