We’ve now rolled out cash payments 100% in Colombo. That’s right, all riders in Colombo should now have the CASH option on their Uber app.
To get you started, we’ve put together a few #ProTips to get you being an expert on using the CASH option:
- You will not be able to pay cash on credit card trips.
- CASH is being introduced as an additional payment method. You can always choose to pay with your credit card.
- Please ensure you have exact change, and all fares for cash trips will be rounded UP to make the experience as seamless as possible. As an example, if your fare is Rs.101.27, you will pay Rs.102 in cash.
- Your total fare will show on your driver’s device once the trip ends.
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your credit card and vice versa.
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash trips.
- Switching your payment method from cash to credit card or vice versa is not possible during your trip.
- Switching your payment method after your ride ends is not possible.
- The receipt will be sent to your email address as soon as your trip ends.
- The Fare Spilt feature will not work with cash trips.
- Promotions apply to both credit card and cash trips.
- Any cancellation charges incurred will be payable on your next trip, and 2 cancellation charges will result in your rider account being temporarily suspended until the arrears are cleared.
- Rate your driver based on your driver’s performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare.
If you have a question or need support, write to us via HELP on your app and we’ll be happy to help!