The Uber Greenlight Hub is relocating to Golden Lily Hall, Trade Fair Centre on 11 June 2018
Rules and regulations
ACC regulations for Uber partners
Per ACC regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in impoundments. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations regarding illegal parking or other non-Uber related fines.
- All ride dropoffs - if the rider is travelling internationally - must occur at the upstairs, at International Departures
- All ride dropoffs - if the rider is travelling in-country - must occur at Domestic Departures
- All other ride dropoffs and pick-ups must occur in Parking Lot 3, across from the International Arrivals lounge
- Avoid any inappropriate behaviour at the airport or anywhere in the city while online
Pickups at KIA
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at ACC (both International and Domestic), you need to enter Parking Lot 3 at the airport so you are in the FIFO (First In First Out) queue for requests:
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into Parking Lot 3, opposite the arrivals lounge
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider in Parking Lot 3
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location - but remember, no need to contact them to find out where they are going.
Riders fees at ACC
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at Parking Lot 3 at the airport. An automatic GHS 6.00 will be added to your riders fare if you have a trip that starts from the airport area. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- There are only spaces for about 100 vehicles at the Parking Lot 3. Should you arrive at the parking lot and see that it is full, we recommend leaving the airport.
- If you leave Parking Lot 3 or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line.