Use it your way
Give friends and family the gift of tapping a button and getting a ride – any time of day, any day of the year.
Also available at WHSmith
Give the gift of Uber
Go ahead, make someone’s day.
How to redeem your Uber gift card
Gift cards apply Uber credits to a personal Uber account. To redeem a gift card:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app
- Tap the menu icon and select “Payment”
- Tap “Add Payment Method” and select “Gift Card”
- Enter your gift code (no spaces)
- Enter your destination or location in the normal way
Once an Uber gift card is added to an Uber account, it can’t be transferred or refunded.
You can’t reload an Uber gift card, but you can add more Uber gift cards, up to limit of £1,000 in Uber credits to your account. As you use up your credits, you can add more.
How to use Uber gift cards
Uber gift cards can be only used for rides or UberEATS orders in the country where the Uber gift card was purchased. Uber gift cards apply Uber credit to personal Uber accounts for redemption against rides or UberEATS orders. They can’t be used for family profiles, or scheduled rides.
Once Uber gift cards are selected as the payment method, Uber credits will apply to your next trip or order by default. If your credits aren’t completely used up, the remaining balance can be applied to your next ride or order.
However, if you wish to use a different payment method you can choose a different payment method as follows:
- Enter your destination
- Tap the payment method info at the bottom of the next screen
- If you have more than one profile, tap “Change payment method”
- Toggle “Uber Credits” to turn them off (credits will be turned off only for that ride)
Read more FAQs
Read more Uber gift card FAQs in our Help Center.