Rules and regulations
LHR regulations for Uber partners
Per LHR regulations, partner-drivers must adhere to the terms below or you may be issued a fine from LHR. If you're issued a fine, Uber will not pay the fine on your behalf.
- All ride dropoffs must occur at the forecourt of the rider's terminal
- All ride pickups must occur at the designated areas in the Short Stay Car Parks
- You must park your car before meeting the rider on foot at the designated area in the Short Stay Car Park
- You may be asked to show your app, please do so in a timely manner
Rides to LHR
How drop-offs work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At LHR, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level. It's important to keep the app on until you exit airport property.
Pickups at LHR
How pickups work
It's easy to receive trip confirmation from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than others. To receive a trip confirmation at LHR, you need to enter Heathrow's Authorised Vehicle Area (AVA), where you will be placed in the queue to receive a pickup confirmation from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated waiting area located at the AVA, post code: TW6 2EQ
- You’ll be placed in the queue for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-come, first-served basis
- Once you receive a trip confirmation, follow the in-app directions to the Short Stay Car Park and the designated pickup row–there's a £4.00 surcharge at the Short Stay Car Park
- After parking your car, meet your rider on foot at the designated pickup area
- For uberPOOL, you may have to circle the airport to pick up a second or third passenger
Please note that trips starting at Heathrow on uberX and uberXL follow the specific airport rates. For more information about the rates at the airport you can get a fare estimate.
Where to wait at LHR
Uber partner-drivers may wait for trip confirmations at the designated waiting area only. You will not receive an airport trips outside of this area (and may be issued a fine). The AVA is open between 5:00am–12:00am, please do not enter before 4:45am or after 11:45pm.
When you're entering the AVA, post code TW6 2EQ, keep in mind that:
- The area is "first-come, first-served"; upon entering you will be placed in the queue for the next trip
- If you leave the waiting area or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- Waiting at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a fine
- Please use the following form if you wish to file a complaint
Designated pickup area at LHR
Uber users at LHR who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the Short Term Car Park located next to their terminal.
After parking your car, meet your rider on foot at these locations:
- Terminal 2 & short stay 2: Level 1, row Q,
- Terminal 3 & short stay 3: Level 3, row A
- Terminal 4 & short stay 4: Level 1, center aisle
- Terminal 5 & short stay 5: Level 1, row R
For more information, read more about Heathrow International Airport.
Fees at LHR
Heathrow Authorized Vehicle Area
LHR charges a £1 fee per hour to park in the AVA waiting area. This £1 surcharge will be added to the trip fare automatically, however, you will need to pay for this charge in-person at the car park. You are responsible for paying all parking fees after the first hour.
Please note, you can wait a maximum of 5 hours per day at the AVA.
Short Stay Car Park
The Short Stay Car Park fee is £3.80. This £3.80 fee will be added to the trip fare automatically, however, you will need to pay for this charge in-person at the car park.