We’re proud to help provide reliable rides for millions of people across the UK at the touch of a button, but we want to do more. With a network of millions of riders, this weekend we’re using our technology to help you give something back.
We’re offering you an easy way to donate clothes, accessories, and other items to one of Cancer Research UK’s shops across the UK to help beat cancer sooner, using the Uber app.
When and where
On Saturday 2 June we will be running uberGIVING in the below cities.
- London (available in Zones 1 and 2)
How do I make a request
On Friday 1 June, collect up any items you’d like to donate, and bag them up. Then, on Saturday 2 June, just:
- Open your Uber app
- Tap the uberGIVING in-app card
- Request a pick-up
- If there is a driver available in your area they will pick up your donations for Cancer Research UK’s shops. Your account won’t be charged for this service.
What to donate
Please make sure anything you donate is clean and in good condition. Cancer Research UK shops take most good quality items, with the most sought after being:
- Clothes – they’re particularly looking for menswear, but womenswear and children’s clothes are very much welcomed
- Shoes & Accessories
- Homeware (e.g. vases, lamps, mirrors, clocks)
- Small Kitchenware & Electricals (e.g. small appliances, glassware, crockery)
- Small Electricals (e.g. hairdryers & game consoles)
If you don’t have any items you want to donate, but you still want to help it’s super easy to donate money to Cancer Research UK.
Text GIVING5 / GIVING10 to 70200 to donate £5 or £10 to Cancer Research UK. Texts charged at £5/£10 plus a standard rate text (age 16+, UK mobiles only). From this, Cancer Research UK will receive £4.89/ £9.77. Closes 4th June 2018. Full Ts&Cs at www.cruk.org/text.
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), and Scotland (SC041666).