We’re pleased to announce that onboarding to Lux will soon be available to eligible drivers in the coming weeks. Lux is an exclusive service available to a small percentage of Uber drivers. Here are some more details about what to expect once onboarding is officially open.
How do I know if I qualify for Lux?
If you’re currently driving in London, in order to qualify for Lux, you will need to meet three requirements:
- A minimum of 1,000 trips
- A consistent driver rating of 4.9 or higher
- A Lux-eligible vehicle that was made in 2016 or later. In 2023, vehicles will need to be registered in 2017 or later to be eligible for Lux. To see if your vehicle make and model is Lux-eligible, please visit this page
Current Lux drivers with older vehicle models will have the 2016 vehicle age requirement enforced from 1 July 2022.
How can I upgrade to Lux?
Similar to Exec and Comfort, our upgrade process will be automated. If you meet the above requirements, you’ll automatically be enrolled in Lux and will be able to see it in your driver preferences within your Uber app.
What’s expected of a Lux driver?
Lux is our most exclusive service and as a result riders have the highest expectations of their ride. To deliver the expected service level, all Lux drivers need to maintain a consistent driver rating of 4.9 or higher.
Below are some ideas that may help you improve your rating and the rider’s experience. Of course, none of these suggestions are required, but they may help to make your ride extra special.
Meet and greet
Greeting riders by name, assisting with any luggage, and opening the door can make a great first impression.
Lux riders are very appreciative of luxury vehicle models and are attentive to quality. Professional clothing and a clean, well maintained and ventilated car shows professionalism and promises a comfortable ride.
Bottles of water, peppermints or handy access to a phone charger reflects attention to detail. Moving forward front seats that are not in use lets riders stretch out and get comfortable.
Being intuitive to your rider’s needs will help you deliver a tailored service. From extra leg room and music requests, to quiet discretion—riders will appreciate it.
Similar to other premium products, when requesting a trip, riders will be able to communicate if they would prefer a quiet trip or if they would like to chat. In addition, they can indicate their preferred temperature and whether or not they have luggage, making it easier for drivers to personalise their service. Try to make note of rider preferences to help elevate each rider’s experience.
Frequently asked questions
- If I purchase a Lux vehicle now, can I then upgrade to Lux?
- It is entirely your decision whether to upgrade your vehicle or not. If you do decide to upgrade, and you meet the rating criteria and lifetime trips requirements, you’ll automatically become eligible to drive on Lux. Once you meet the requirements, the changes to your account can take up to 72 hours. While Lux base, time, and distance rates are more than double UberX rates, please bear in mind, however, that we don’t offer any guarantee of a set level of earnings beyond ensuring that every driver is paid the National Living Wage for the time they spend driving to trips and on trips.
- It’s important to note that our data shows that Lux drivers who also elect to take trips on other products (such as Exec and Comfort) consistently earn more overall than drivers who only accept Lux trips.
- When considering purchasing a new vehicle, please keep in mind our commitment to be 100% electric in London by 2025. The Mercedes EQS is the current EV option eligible for Lux. The BMW i7 will also be Lux eligible once released later this year.
- What vehicles are accepted on Uber Lux?
The vehicles that are currently being accepted on Uber Lux are outlined in the table below [Note: this list is valid as of June 2022. This list is subject to change. The source of truth for eligible vehicles is always this website]. All models must be registered in 2016 or later. In 2023, vehicles must be registered from 2017 or later.
Audi A8 L
Bentley Flying Spur
Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Land Rover Range Rover Velar
Land Rover Range Rover Vogue
Rolls-Royce Flying Spur
Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud
Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
- If I upgrade to Lux, can I still take trips on other products?
Lux partners can complete Lux, Exec, Uber Comfort, and UberX trips. You can toggle them on and off within the Driver Preference section in your app.
- I meet the Lux requirements but I don’t see a Lux option in my Driver Preferences – what should I do?
If you meet the rating criteria of 4.9, lifetime trips requirements of 1,000+ and have an active Lux vehicle, you’ll automatically become eligible to drive on Lux. Once you meet the requirements, the changes to your account can take up to 72 hours. If 72 hours have passed and you still don’t see the Lux option in your Uber app, please log out and log back in again, and if that does not work please uninstall and then reinstall the app. If the issue persists, please contact support through the Help section in your app and we can assist you.
- My vehicle is a luxury vehicle, but not on the eligible vehicles list. Can it be added to the list?
The vehicles that are currently eligible for Lux are listed above. If you don’t have one of these vehicles, you can’t upgrade to Lux right now. We revise this vehicle list on a regular basis. Keep an eye out here for any changes.
Posted by Uber
London’s Hammersmith and Fulham: South Fulham Clean Air Neighbourhood
14 February / United Kingdom
Stopping Uber Fraudsters Through Risk Challenges
Going Electric? New vs Used Vehicles explained
Important update on scams targeting merchants
How we pay you for Access and Assist trips is changing