These FAQs are for riders looking to find out more about the updated User Terms sent out to riders on 11th March 2022 and come into effect from Monday 14th March at 23:59. These new User Terms (which apply to riders) are in relation to the business model change which we are required to make following a High Court ruling in December 2021, which concerned all Private Hire Vehicle Operators in London.
- What do I need to do?
- Will I notice any differences when using the app?
- What has changed?
- What does this change mean for drivers?
- What happens if I leave something in an Uber in the future?
- Does these changes affect payment of tips to the driver?
- Will these changes affect how I use Uber Access and Uber Assist?
- I don’t live in London, so why do I have to sign these updated User Terms?
- Are there any changes to Uber in the Republic of Ireland?