Safety is our number one priority. There’s nothing more important than the safety of the riders and drivers who use the Uber app. We have powerful features to help organisations with their duty of care obligations.
We’re always investing in new ways to enhance safety on the platform. Today we started rolling out Real-Time ID Check for all drivers across the UK.
Real-Time ID Check will verify that driver accounts aren’t being used by anyone other than the licensed individuals who have undergone an Enhanced DBS check.
How does Real-Time ID Check work?
- We will regularly ask drivers to take a real-time photo of themselves for verification.
- Driver selfies will be matched against the account holder’s profile picture, which in turn has been checked against the driver’s licence.
- To help respect their privacy, drivers can choose whether their selfie is verified by photo-comparison software or by our human reviewers.
- Any biometric data collected as part of the check is deleted within 24 hours.
What happens if the images don’t match?
- If a driver fails the ID Check, their account will immediately be temporarily suspended so we can carry out further checks.
- New innovations like this help everyone to enjoy a safe trip. Yet when it comes to safety on our platform, our work is never done.
- For more information click here.
If you manage business travel for your company’s employees, duty of care is likely top of mind for you. Uber can help you meet your obligation. Uber for Business works with your Concur Locate and International SOS to give you real-time data feed integration, to help drive employee safety.
The safety and well-being of everyone who uses Uber is a top priority. At Uber for Business, we’re committed to providing solutions for the way you do business. Whenever you’re ready to move your people, Uber for Business is here for you.