Know before you go
What is a Driver Abstract
Your driver abstract is a summary of your driving record. It includes your merit and demerit points, convictions and suspensions. Both Standard or Commercial Driver Abstracts qualify, and you can order one at your nearest registry location.
Your driver abstract must be for a 3 or more year period and have been obtained within the last 30 days.
You cannot have a single major conviction on your abstract (4 demerit points or more), nor more than 2 minor convictions (3 demerit points or less)
How to get a Driver Abstract
Visit your nearest registry
Your nearest Service Alberta registry can provide your Driver Abstract. You'll need to bring an accepted form of ID along with you.
Fill out application
Bring your application to a Service Alberta registry agent. Wait to sign and date your form in front of the registry agent clerk.
Bring abstract to Uber Greenlight Hub
Once you receive your Driver Abstract, email a clear photo of your abstract to email@example.com. If your abstract has multiple pages, please email all pages.
Frequently asked questions
1. Where can I get my Driver Abstract?
- All Service Alberta registries in Alberta should be equipped to provide your abstract.
2. How much does it cost to order a Driver Abstract?
- The cost may vary, but typically you can expect it to cost around $25.
3. How long does it take to get a Driver Abstract?
- Once you go to a registry and ask for your abstract, you should receive it shortly after payment while you are there.
4. How many years worth of history must I provide?
- Uber requires you to provide 3 or more years of driving history.
5. Does Uber accept a commercial abstract?
- Uber will accept both personal and commercial abstracts, provided the abstract meets the requirements.
6. Is it possible to have 4 demerit points and still drive for Uber?
- Yes, as long as those 4 demerit points were not the result of one single incident, and the total demerit points on your abstract does not exceed 4.