- Driver Guide
- Vehicle requirements
There are many ways to drive with Uber. Each service has its own requirements that your vehicle must meet. Does your vehicle qualify? Find out here.
To drive with Uber in Niagara, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
Vehicle model year
Your vehicle's model year must be 2008 or newer to drive with uberX.
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
TNC Driver's Licence
To drive with Uber in the Niagara Region, you'll need to obtain a TNC driver's licence from Niagara Regional Police Service.
We will mail you an Uber sticker to help riders know that you drive with Uber when you pick them up. Display it in your back windshield on the passenger side.
Need to replace your sticker? Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Visit your nearest Greenlight Spot
Option 2: Re-order in your pp
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Ontario has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for ridesharing. Drivers are still required to maintain a personal insurance policy.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX. It's one of the most popular options for riders.
- 4-door vehicle in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles
View our list of popular models for uberX but others may qualify as well.