- Driver Guide
- Get started
Drive professionally in Hamilton
Hamilton needs drivers like you. Thousands of riders request Uber everyday—learn how we can help you sign up and cash in on the action.
Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in London. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's license: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s License or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, SIN card, or Work permit
- Vehicle registration: Registration must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
4. Background screening
Complete your background screening online or visit a Greenlight Hub to complete a background screening. The screening checks your driving record and criminal history. Be sure to bring your Ontario driver’s licence and 1 other piece of ID.
5. Vehicle inspection
To be eligible to drive with Uber, your vehicle must pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic. Upon passing you’ll receive a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC), which is required to drive with Uber.
6. Uber sticker
Local bylaw regulations require all driver partners to display the correct Uber sticker on their vehicle while driving with Uber.
When driving in Hamilton, please display it in your back windshield on the passenger side. The sticker will help riders know that you drive with Uber when you pick them up.
Need to replace your sticker?
Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Re-order in your app
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Option 2: Pick it up at a Greenlight Hub.
Meet the team
Support at every turn
We want the process to be hassle-free. That’s why there are licensing experts right here in New York to answer your questions, host information sessions, and walk you through the process.