To drive with Uber in Calgary, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- 5 seatbelts
- 10 years or newer
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No commercial branding
- No rental vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
You must have a Class 1-55 Vehicle Registration to drive with Uber. Learn more here.
Please note: Class 1-55 Vehicle Registration does not provide Uber driver-partners with the same privileges as a taxi.
Alberta has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for ridesharing partners. You can see our policy here. All partners are also required to maintain a personal insurance policy. We recommend you speak with your provider to discuss ride sharing. For a ride-share friendly insurance quote, please visit www.uber.aon.ca.
Your name must be visible on the insurance pink slip. If you’re the secondary driver, you must show proof of the policy document with your name on it.
Vehicle options in Calgary
The most popular vehicle option for riders.
Vehicle's model year must be 10 years or newer to qualify to drive with UberX in Calgary. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Seat extra passengers—and earn higher fares—with your high-capacity vehicle.
Vehicle's model year must be 10 years or newer. Most SUVs qualify to drive with UberXL. See our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Mid-tier luxury sedans and 5-star service command higher fares.
Vehicle's model year must be 8 years or newer. See our list of eligible vehicle models, but in rare circumstances other models may qualify.
At this time, Uber is not accepting new Select vehicles in Calgary.
Comfort was designed to maximize possibilities on the Uber platform.
- Maintain eligibility on a different Uber option such as UberX, Select, UberXL, Uber Black, or Uber Black SUV
- Have a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on at least 250 trips
- Drive a vehicle with more legroom than smaller, compact cars eligible for UberX and that meet the minimum vehicle year requirement