Across the country, 3.8 million Australians rely on Uber to get where they need to go conveniently, reliably and safely. For some trips though, you need the little extras. That’s why Uber Comfort now comes with the option for quiet mode, temperature control and extended wait times.
With Rider Preferences, Uber Comfort riders can request a quiet ride as well as what temperature (warm, hot, cool, cold) they’d like. For example, if you’re dialling into a conference call on the way to the office, you can request a quiet trip – without any music or conversation – to maximise productivity. And if you left your jacket at home on a cold day, you can opt for the heat to be turned on before you even hop in the car.
With extended wait times, drivers also wait up to 10 minutes on Uber Comfort trips. This is perfect if you’re making you get held up in a meeting but need your ride ready to go the minute you are.
These new features also take out the guesswork for drivers looking to give riders a 5 star ride.
Uber Australia and New Zealand General Manager Dom Taylor said these new features are on top of the existing Uber Comfort benefits including newer cars and experienced drivers.
“If you’ve registered for Uber Australia’s new loyalty program, Uber Rewards, you’ll also earn two points per eligible dollar on Uber Comfort trips. As part of the program, Gold members and above will also unlock up to 10% off one Uber Comfort trip every month.
“So whether you’re riding to the airport with your boss, or are after a ride for a special occasion, Uber Comfort is the go to for your next ride.”
For around 1.2x the cost of an UberX, Uber Comfort features:
- Extended Wait Times: We know you value your time, and so do we. With extended wait times your driver will now wait up to 10 minutes.
- Quiet mode: Choose in advance whether you’re looking for a quiet ride, or a chatty one.
- Temperature control: You can request your ideal temperature in advance – choose between warm, hot, cool, or cold.
- Experienced Drivers: Drivers available for Uber Comfort will have a minimum rating of 4.85 and at least 500 trips logged on the Uber app.
- Newer Cars: Arrive in comfort with a car that meets consistent vehicle make and model standards (from 2013 onwards).