Since Uber’s magic of “push a button and get a ride” launched 6 years ago, people have valued the ability to access rides on-demand through our app. But we’ve also heard from our riders that sometimes they want to arrange a pickup in advance so they can rest assured that an Uber will be available when they need it, even if it’s for a 4AM ride to the airport. We totally get it, and that’s why today we’re starting the roll out of Scheduled Rides in Australia. With just a few taps on your app, you can schedule your ride 30 minutes to 30 days in advance and have the comfort of knowing your Uber will be there when it’s time to head out. How it works:
- Select uberX and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberX.” You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
- We’ll send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified when your ride is on the way, as well as an updated fare estimate (including whether surge pricing applies).
Where can I schedule a ride from?
- Brisbane – Merthyr, New Farm, Newstead and Teneriffe
- Canberra – CBD and inner suburbs
- Gold Coast – Surfers Paradise
- Melbourne – CBD and inner suburbs
- Perth – CBD, north to Joondalup, south to Jandakot, east to Midland
- Sydney – Eastern Suburbs and Inner West
Learn more about Scheduled Rides HERE. Uber on!