- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- The promoter is Uber Australia Pty Ltd ABN 49 160 299 865 (“Uber”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are registered existing or new users of the Uber application in cities where Uber is available.
- Contest items to commence on 8am Monday 18/12/17, and close midnight on Monday 18/12/17 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must comply with the contest terms as elaborated on the Facebook or Instagram Uber Australia contest post.
- The contest is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Submissions will be judged by Uber based on individual merit – such as a witty caption or a creative angle. The judges’ decision will be final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Uber reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Uber, includes objectionable content, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Uber, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or Uber. Uber reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Uber becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- By submitting an entry, you give Uber permission to copy, publish and promote your entry, including your name and image.
- Uber will endeavor to contact the winners via their Instagram or Facebook account within 24 hours of the competition closing. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after 48 hours, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize.
- Uber is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Uber, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Prizes are as follows: Contest winners will each receive an Uber gift card of value $25 each. Uber gift card may only be redeemed and/or used via the Uber and UberEATS apps within Australia in cities where Uber is available. There is no expiry date.
- In the event that a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by Uber then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram or Facebook. By submitting an entry, you agree to release Instagram and Facebook from all liability in relation to the contest.
Uber Gift Card Giveaway – The Fine PrintDecember 15, 2017 / Australia
$3.50 UberPool rides to & from your ferry at Manly Wharf. Boom!
March 21 / Sydney
Switch gears with Uber for the Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019
March 6 / Melbourne
Melbourne, enjoy up to $30 off your first UberPool ride
February 20 / Melbourne
From your front door to the stage door, don’t miss a minute of festival action — with Uber and the Adelaide Fringe Festival
February 14 / Adelaide
See you soon, Australian Open
January 11 / Australia