Advisory Forums were introduced in 2021 as a way to invite two-way feedback, to better understand what’s going well and the issues delivery people like yourself face while earning on the platform, and to work collaboratively on solutions.
Based on the feedback and ideas shared by delivery people and the Advisors throughout Open Hours, the Have Your Say Survey and the Forum in June, we have been able to develop some solutions to help improve the delivery person experience in regards to Earnings, Safety and Earner Model Preferences.
- Earnings Transparency We have created better, clearer information about earnings, available for all Delivery People here. This page helps you to understand more about how earnings are calculated, the different trip types available and how you can get your earnings.
- Distractions We have worked to roll out the notifications hold feature to bicycles to prevent messages from appearing while in motion. We are looking to continue refining and expanding this feature to all Delivery People.
- Quests To promote flexibility and improve achievability, we have invested in daily quest promotions, on top of the weekly promotions.
- Wait Time We have established a workstream to review poor Wait Time performance with a focus on fast food chains. Minor changes to dispatch times are already showing promising results in the reduction of wait times for Delivery People at certain merchants!
- Earner Model Preferences As the government plans reforms to laws governing gig work, we are advocating for improved standards for all gig workers, and we signed an agreement the Transport Workers Union focused on establishing an industry wide safety net for driver-partners like you, while protecting the flexibility you value most.
Recently, Uber Eats in partnership with RPS Group held our second Forum with 14 Advisors from across Australia who represent our diverse Delivery Person community to discuss the topics ‘Support’ and ‘Uber Eats Pro, Partnerships & Recognition’. These topics were collectively voted by the Advisors and the Delivery Person community as the areas you most want to share your feedback on with us.
Thank you to the 430 Delivery People that shared their views via the Have Your Say survey and the 71 Delivery People that spoke directly to an Advisor of their choice via Open Hours. Sharing these insights helped the Advisors to better understand and communicate the experiences Delivery People like yourself face and how we can best work to improve the experience for all Delivery People.
Based on the Have Your Say Survey, the top Support topics highlighted by Delivery People were:
- Ways of getting support (Phone, Messaging & Chat Support)
- Live delivery support quality
The top Uber Eats Pro, Partnerships & Recognition topics highlighted by Delivery People were:
- Uber Eats Pro available partnerships (Partnerships for fuel, tax, equipment etc.)
- Rewards & Discount amounts (Tiered reward levels and % discounts available)
- High value earner recognition (Milestones, events, recognition and valuing top earners)
In the Forum, the Advisors brought your diverse perspectives to the discussion and helped provide context and real-life examples for the Uber Eats team. The main callouts for each topic were:
- Delivery People want phone support to be available while on live deliveries
- Phone and Chat support need to be more accessible in-app and include open-ended access to support options rather than going through the ‘Help’ section
- Delivery People want product updates in-app to provide more consumer information up front and reduce the need to inbound to support
- Uber Eats Pro, Partnerships & Recognition
- Delivery People believe there should be some fundamental changes to the Uber Eats Pro program including reviewing different times of day and potential trip types that warrant additional Pro points
- There is desire for additional partnerships and reward offerings including fuel discounts, food & drink discounts, car servicing and monetary based rewards
- Some delivery people do not feel there is enough recognition or acknowledgement of milestones achieved while delivering with Uber Eats.
Thank you to our 14 Advisors and to all the Delivery People who participated in the Open Hours and Have Your Say Survey. Based on your feedback and insights, we have been able to develop recommendations and priorities to help improve the Delivery Person experience and we are already working on bringing those recommendations to life. We also plan to share an update on our progress early next year and some more information on how you can get involved and share your feedback.
As the term of current Advisors draws to an end, we want to thank all the Advisors who represented their community and helped us improve the Uber Eats’ platform via participating in the last 4 forums since 2021. We are so grateful that they chose to partner with Uber Eats and advocate for the Delivery Person community and we are looking forward to meeting new faces next year! Stay tuned for further communications on how you can nominate yourself to Represent your community as an Uber Eats Advisor in early 2023.