The world is full of incredible destinations. You’ve probably been dreaming of yours all summer, but city life can often get in the way of where you want to be. To put your ideal destination in reach, we’re bringing you the “Where To?” challenge in 50 Uber cars around Dubai.
Starting August 23, ride with Uber and tell us the “Where To?” that you’ve been dreaming of for a chance to get there – ON US! On August 30, we’re giving 2 lucky riders roundtrip flights for them and a friend.
How it works:
- Throughout the campaign week, select Uber cars will contain fill-in-the-blank “Where To?” signs.
- If you take a ride in one, personalize the sign with your own dream destination, and snap a selfie with it.
- Post it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #WhereToDXB for a chance to win.
- Be sure to tag @Uber_UAE and the person you’d bring with you.
- At the end of the week, 2 lucky winners will be randomly selected to receive 2 roundtrip airline tickets to their destination.
Your special place could be just a selfie away, so fire up your Uber app and get riding all week to take part in the challenge.
With Uber, every destination is within reach. What’s yours?
- Terms & Conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- The Promotion is open to all individuals aged 18 years or over who have an Uber account and are compliant with the Uber User Terms applicable in the United Arab Emirates (as found here: https://www.uber.com/legal/terms) (“User”), except such Users that are employees of Uber, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Promotion. Proof of age and/or identity and/or residency may be required.
- Only one entry per User shall be accepted. Entry must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Uber account. For the purpose of the Terms and Conditions, “authorized account holder” of an Uber account means the natural person who is the owner of the e-mail address associated with the Uber user account.
- Uber User Terms applicable in the country of the Promotion marketing (as found here: https://www.uber.com/legal/terms) and Privacy Statement (https://www.uber.com/legal/privacy/users/en/) apply to the extent applicable to this Promotion.
- The Promotion will be available from 23 August 2017 until 30 August 2017 as specified in the Promotion marketing. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Participation in the Promotion is limited to Uber users in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- After a user’s successful completion of the criteria set forth in the Promotion marketing, they will be entered into a drawing, and two (2) winners shall be randomly chosen by a computer process for the prize reward (each, a “Reward”). Users will be notified of their Reward via the email registered to their Uber account. To receive a Reward the user must have the Uber application installed on their smartphone and have an account created in their name.
- The Reward shall be two (2) round trip airline tickets to the destination specified in the social post as part of the Promotion only.
- Location and travel dates shall be communicated to the Promoter, and travel shall be booked through Promoter’s corporate travel agency partner. The travel agency partner shall solely determine best price and flight options. Each ticket shall have a maximum value of $1,000 USD each. The tickets must originate from and return to Dubai International Airport (“DXB”) or Dubai World Central Airport (“DWC”).and must be used by February 28, 2018.
- All taxes and surcharges shall be borne by the recipient of the Reward.
- Seats are subject to availability of airline at time of booking.
- The winners expressly agree to grant the Promoter, its agents and licensees, the irrevocable, sublicenseable, royalty-free right and license to broadcast, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and otherwise use, my photographs, videos and any other material collected, produced or manufactured by the winners as part of this Promotion taking place Dubai, United Arab Emirates for advertising, marketing, public relations or other promotional purposes in connection with the promotion, to promote Uber or its products, or for any other purpose, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, without further notice or compensation therefore.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace a Reward (or any part of it) with an alternative reward of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so. A Reward cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and there is no cash value.
- The Promoter does not assume any responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to Rewards or the Promotion, including third party terms and conditions. Any such additional terms and conditions notified to a participant shall apply to the Reward and are incorporated herein, irrespective of whether such incorporated is expressly stated.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon participation in the Promotion. The Promoters reserve the right to refuse participant in the Promotion to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participator, accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with any participant’s participation in the Promotion whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected. Any liability of the Promoter arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and the Promoter accepts no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion period. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Any liability of the Promoter arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and the Promoter accepts no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Reward.
- Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within sixty (60) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participants and the Promoter or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Emirate of Dubai.
- The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands.