Experience the skies from our back seats with special UberEK plane cabin themed vehicles.
To celebrate our partnership with Emirates Airlines we are offering you the chance to book a special Uber vehicle kitted out just like the Emirates cabin. Not only will you receive some travel swag but also the chance to move from the roads to the skies with a free flight ticket.
There are 5 flight tickets including lounge access up for grabs. Fear not, even if you don’t get one of the flight tickets every rider that successfully books the special vehicle will receive a prize.
Follow the steps below to book your UberEK vehicle between 12pm and 4pm on Tuesday 25 June, 2019.
How to book:
- Open the Uber app on June 25, 2019
- Enter a destination and request a trip using the special UberEK ride option
- Wait for your ride to arrive
- Take a trip to your entered destination to receive your prize
- Share a picture of your ride and prize on social media and tag @Uber_UAE and @Emirates
Don’t forget, whenever and wherever you’re traveling to from Dubai, you can get free rides and discounted trips to DXB Airport with every Economy Flex and Economy Flex Plus flight purchased with Emirates until August 31, 2019.
- Terms and conditions
Official Rules for UberEK Campaign
Uber B.V. (“Uber”) will conduct the UberEK stunt (the “Event”) substantially as described in these rules. By entering or participating, each entrant or participant (“Entrant”) agrees to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: Unless otherwise specified, the Event is open only to persons (i) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; (ii) who are registered as a user of the Uber App in Dubai (“Participating City”); (iii) have taken the mandatory steps as laid down herein below; The Event does not require any additional entry fee for participation. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives of Uber or its affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, Uber partners and their drivers, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Event (collectively, the “Event Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Enter: The Event will begin on June 25, 2019 at 12:00 P.M and end at 04:00 PM on June 25, 2019 (the “Event Period). The Event can be entered into by taking the following steps during the Event Period.
a. Open the Uber app on June 25 2019;
b. Enter a destination and request a trip using the special UberEK ride option
c. Wait for your ride to arrive
d. Take a trip to your entered destination in the UberEK ride to receive your prize
e. Once in the car, the Entrant will have the opportunity to choose from five (5) envelopes, and may only chose once.
f. Share a picture of your ride and prize on social media and tag Uber using (@Uber_UAE).
3. Gifts: The gift(s) to be provided to the participants that are able to request a trip using the UberEK ride option (each a “Winner”) of the Event will consist of (a) five (5) Emirates Airlines flight vouchers valued at AED 5,000 each and redeemable on any Emirates Airlines flights and (b) forty (40) Business Class lounge access passes,valid for only 1 individual, redeemable at any business class lounge in Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3 upon presentation of UberEK voucher. The business class lounge entry fee will be covered by Uber. Entry to the lounge may depend on occupancy, and space availability and will be granted at the sole discretion of the Emirates Airline staff at the time of redemption.
Uber reserves the right to modify the Event in its sole discretion and award a substitute gift, or portion of gift, of comparable or lesser value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Gift, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Uber and the Event Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Gift or any part thereof. In the event a potential Winner cannot accept the Gift or any part thereof, Uber will decide who will be awarded with the Gift. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Gift are solely the Winners responsibility. Winners agree to comply with any additional terms and conditions applicable for attending the Event. Winners would be required to have their pictures taken from the Event and further provide permission for Uber to share the said pictures on its various handles for promotional purposes. Each of the Gifts is provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Uber and the Event Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Gifts, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. The value of the Gift may be taxable to the winner. All tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the Gift not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely within Winners responsibility (regardless of whether the gift, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: The winner of the Event will be selected in terms of Clause 2 mentioned hereinabove in accordance with such method specified by Uber at Uber’s sole and exclusive discretion. The Winners will be selected during the course of the Event from 12:00pm till 04:00pm on Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
Each of the Gifts will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address registered on the Uber rider account. The authorized account holder is the person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. The Winner will be notified shortly following the end of the Event by email (at the email address registered on the Uber platform), by phone (at the phone number registered on the Uber platform), or such other method specified by Uber, and will be required to confirm their email addresses and/or phone numbers. Additionally, Uber and the Event Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement, announcing the winners on either the Uber website, through the Uber app or Uber Eats app, or in any manner (including, without limitation, social media (e.g.,Facebook, Twitter)), which they deem appropriate. If a Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within one (1) day (or such other time specified by Uber) from when the initial notification email is sent, the Winner forfeits its Gift, and an alternate Winner will be selected. If the alternate Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Gift, the Gift is forfeited and another alternate Winner will be selected. This Winner selection and notification process shall be continued until a Winner is confirmed. If a Gift or a gift notification is returned as undeliverable, such Gift will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected.
5. Winner Verification: Uber may, in its sole discretion, require the Winner to prove eligibility and verify his or her identity. If a Winner (or any Winner) is unable to prove eligibility within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by a Winner (or alternate Winner), such Winner (or alternate Winner) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit its gift, and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate Winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entrants.
Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason it deems necessary. In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity: By entering the Event, Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other Event Entities from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the Event, (ii) without limitation, property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Gift, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the Event or acceptance and use or the Gift, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property- related cause of action arising from or related to the Event, the Gifts, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the Event, Entrants or the Winner, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Event or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer or mobile device systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Event), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s receipt or use of a gift, or any part thereof. Entrant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Event, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Gift or any Gift component. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the Event Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Gift, and in no event shall the Event Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Uber and the Event Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Event, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Event, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the Event related advertisements.
7. Grant of Rights: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Event and/or winning the Gift, Entrant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, entry, statements attributed to Entrant (if true) and any video footage related to the Gift, for all Event Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the Event Entities putting his or her name on a winners list. Please note that Uber may not acknowledge or return any entries.
10. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT OR ANY GIFT AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Event or any gift awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the International Court of Arbitration (“ICC”) in accordance with the ICC Rules of Arbitration then in effect (“Rules”); (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the Rules; (4) unless both Entrant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief.
11. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Uber in connection with the Event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Netherlands.
12. Accessibility of Official Rules: A copy of the Official Rules is available via the Uber blog. Where required by law, Uber will provide the name of the Event winners to those who request it.
13. Sponsored and Administered by: Events subject to these Official Rules are sponsored and administered by Uber B.V. Meester Treublaan 7, 1097 DP Amsterdam,
Posted by Faysal Barrage
Attribute-Based Access Control at Uber
How Uber Optimized Cassandra Operations At Scale
Innovative Recommendation Applications Using Two Tower Embeddings at Uber
The Transformative Power of Generative AI in Software Development: Lessons from Uber’s Tech-Wide Hackathon