Building on our commitment to your health and safety, we’ve partnered with Unilever to provide you with free Unilever Hygiene kits – to help you maintain high standards of hygiene.
Additionally, we’ll provide 2x cloth masks for your personal use and a safety card if you wish to hang it in the car for rider instructions.
These kits are at no cost to you. Simply read through the pick up process below to redeem your free Lifebuoy and Jif disinfecting supplies as well as masks and safety card from the Careem Captain Support Center (Showroom Number 3 , Careem Captain Support Center, Shatha Tower, Dubai Media City, next to Media One Hotel) from 10am until 3pm, on Sundays through Thursdays.
How it works:
– Go to the inbox messages in your driver app
– If you are eligible for a safety kit you will find the inbox message “Get your free masks and Unilever Hygiene Kit”
– Click on the “Learn about pick-up” button in the message
– We have partnered with Careem to keep our community safe. They will hand out to you the Unilever safety kit, masks and – safety card when you visit the Careem Captain Support Center between 10am and 4pm on Sundays through Thursdays.
– Receive the safety kit by showing the employee your QR code
These hand hygiene gels and wipes are for you and your riders to use to clean your hands and frequently-touched objects and surfaces, at your discretion. Consider keeping a few cleanings supplies in the back for your riders to access.
In line with official guidance, we recommend that you:
Wash and sanitize your hands regularly throughout the day for at least 20 seconds each time
Clean places most often touched before your first ride of the day
Encourage riders to use hand sanitizer either before or as soon as they enter your vehicle
Provide wipes to riders so they can clean handles and seat belt buckles before each ride
Read and use the instructions provided on the packet of JIF disinfecting wipes for proper use
Use these on hard surfaces only, as it’s not recommended to use them on leather or upholstery
Be sure to check and follow local health guidance while driving. Follow general safety guidelines while delivering or driving.
We’re here to support you
Thank you for continuing to move what matters during this challenging time. If you need help with an Uber-related issue, you can contact us by using Uber’s in-app support. Also, stay informed by visiting our Coronavirus Resources & Updates web page.
1. Note that driver-partners will be under no obligation to (i) accept receipt of or (ii) use any products and/or services mentioned herein;
2. Uber is not responsible for the products or services offered by other companies. Uber in no way whatsoever warrants as to the quality of any products or services nor does Uber make any claims as to the effectiveness, medical or health benefits related to the use of such products or services. Driver-partners are encouraged to consider the use of such products and/or services at their own discretion.
3. Such products and/or services are not intended to be sold, gifted or otherwise distributed by driver-partners. Where a driver does so, they do so at their own risk and the driver-partner shall fully indemnify Uber and its affiliates (to the fullest extent allowed by law) from any and all liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result thereof.