On Wednesday, August 22, all Greenlight locations in Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura will be closed. In-person support will be available at Orange County Greenlight locations, and at the Uber Greenlight Spot in West Covina, starting at 12pm.
Pickups at Santa Barbara Airport
How pickup requests work
When you’re picking up at Santa Barbara Airport, make sure to follow these steps to avoid citations and congestion.
- Confirm with your rider that they are curbside on the center island at the airport in front of the terminal building and ready to go before driving to the airport.
- Follow signs for commercial vehicles.
- Meet your rider curbside of the center island (located to your right). You can pick up in front of the taxis and beyond the crosswalk.
- Follow instructions from the airport staff and be aware of your surroundings—your pickup area is a communal space.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
If you’re a TNC partner, you should receive a request before entering airport property. The airport does not allow any waiting.
**We're currently working with airports around Southern California for Transportation Network Company (TNC) permits. We'll be sure to keep partners updated as we make progress.
Where to pick up at SBA
All riders at SBA will be instructed to meet you beyond the crosswalk near the front entrance to the terminal. You may pick up your riders anywhere along the curb.
As a reminder, SBA rules designate that you may not pick up riders prior to the crosswalk or in any other areas at the airport.
Note: As of July 2017, the pickup area has been moved 50 feet south.