LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
Information for driver-partners
Beginning May 5, 2018, there will be updates to the pickup experience at LGA. Read on for more details on the changes. Riders at LGA can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
- Only licensed TLC drivers in New York City are eligible to receive pickup requests at LaGuardia Airport
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- Drivers should only wait in the two designated staging lots at the airport
Pickups at LGA
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests for LaGuardia Airport, enter one of the designated FHV staging lots within LGA Airport. Once in the staging lots, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue.
There are 3 designated FHV waiting areas at LaGuardia:
- For Terminal A requests: Long Term Parking/B Wait Area
- For Terminal B requests: Terminal B Parking Garage, Levels 2, 3, or 4
- For Terminals C and D: Terminal C/D FHV See map below.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Your location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue
- When you’re in the designated waiting areas, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in your Uber Driver app
- You can lose your place in line if: You go offline on your Uber driver app, you drive outside the FIFO zone, you do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row, or you cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- Terminal C/D FHV Lot has free parking for up to 3 hours
- Terminal B West Parking Garage has free parking for up to 60 minutes, after which you may exit and re-enter the lot
- Terminal A Long Term Parking/B Wait Area has free parking for up to 3 hours
- Parking or idling at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the trip queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports
Picking up your rider
When you receive a notification you have a pickup request, follow the directions in your Uber Driver app.
For pickups at Terminals A, C, and D:
- When you receive a trip request, the app will show your rider’s name and the terminal letter where they are waiting
- Terminal areas can be crowded at times. If you can't find your rider, message or call them through your Uber Driver app to let them know where you are
For pickups at Terminal B:
- Riders will know through in-app instructions to meet you on the 2nd floor of the West Parking Garage. For Terminal B pickups, the waiting area and pickup area are the same place. Please do not wait in the lanes until you have received a trip request.
Dropoffs at LGA
How dropoffs work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Dropping off riders at LaGuardia International Airport is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal on the departures level.
Note that waiting in the terminal area, parking illegally, and idling on the shoulder may result in a citation.
FHV Waiting Areas
To receive pickup requests for LaGuardia Airport, enter one of the designated FHV staging lots within LGA Airport: Terminal C/D FHV Lot Long Term Parking/B Wait Area The Terminal B Parking Garage on the 2nd floor.
Once in the staging lots, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue.
Staging Lot Name: Long Term Parking/B Wait Area
Staging Lot Name: Terminal B Parking Garage, 2nd floor. You will have 60 minutes of free parking.
Terminals C & D
Staging Lot Name: Terminal C & D Daily Parking/FHV Staging. You do not need to take a ticket upon entry—if you do, you've entered the wrong area.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1) Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2) Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3) Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.