Rules and regulations
LBB Airport regulations for rideshare drivers
Per LBB regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a notice of noncompliance, which may lead to suspension from picking up riders at the airport.
- All rideshare drivers must wait for trip requests in the designated staging area
- To enter the staging area, pull a ticket from the ticketing machine and proceed to the lot
- Once in the waiting zone, please sign your name along with Uber on the ticket
- Drivers will be admitted into the pickup area once their rider is outside waiting and visible. This means drivers should continue waiting in the staging area until the rider is positioned for immediate pickup
- Airport personnel will ask that you present your driver app and signed ticket to enter the pickup area
On September 25, 2018, we introduced Rematch, a new feature that may help you get requests faster at the airport. With Rematch, when you drop off a rider at the airport, you may receive a new request quickly instead of having to wait in the airport FIFO (first-in, first out) queue. If you don’t receive a request within a few moments, this means there are no Rematch trips available and you should go to the FIFO area if you’d like to wait for another request.
Staging area at LBB
Driver-Partners should wait for ride requests in the designated staging area.
To find the staging area, take a slight left past the Federal Aviation Administration building while headed north on Martin L King Blvd. You will see a ticketing machine on your right, and must pull a ticket to enter the lot. The staging area has a convenient rest area and flight monitors for drivers while they wait.
Staging outside of the designated area is prohibited on airport property.
Pickup area at LBB
Travelers who request Uber rides at LBB Airport will be instructed to meet drivers at the immediate pickup and dropoff curb—Lane 1—which is just north of the TNC staging area.
To access the pickup area, show your signed ticket and driver app to the on-duty airport personnel as you exit the staging area.
You can visit LBB Airport's TNC policy page for additional details.