Rules and regulations
HIA regulations for Uber driver-partners
Per HIA regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation that will be charged to the individual driver and not to Uber.
- All ride pickups must occur on the third floor of the parking garage
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form.
Pickups at HIA
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at HIA, you need to enter the third floor of the parking garage, where you will be placed in a digital queue to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive to the third level of the parking garage near the terminal
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it, and pick up your rider on the third level of the parking garage
- Riders will be instructed to meet drivers on the third floor, but consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
Rides to HIA
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At HIA, simply drop off riders at the public passenger dropoff curb in front of the terminals. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at HIA
Upon entering the airport area, you will be put into a digital first-in, first-out queue. Your position in the queue will be shown in-app.
You can gas up or grab a snack at the Sheetz across the street from the airport without losing your place in the queue. However, you will need to head back to the parking garage to be able to receive rider requests. Please note: if the parking garage is empty, the first person in the queue may receive an airport request in the surrounding area.
Keep in mind:
- Parking fees will be waived if you enter and exit the parking garage within 10 minutes or if you exit within 30 minutes with a passenger
- Upon exiting through the staffed booth, you will need to display your Uber placard and possibly your electronic waybill, accessible through the app
- If you do not meet the requirements above, you (not the rider) will be required to pay the parking fee
- If a rider cancels, you will still be at the front of the queue as long as you do not leave the airport grounds, sign offline, or reject/cancel a trip.