Rules and regulations
Airport regulations for Uber partners
Per airport regulations, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport) when driving with Uber at this airport.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app.
Additional Rules & Regulations
Once you drive onto airport property (this includes circling the arrivals area), you will NOT be able to accept new rides.
It is important to note that the following actions are expressly prohibited according to the ABQ Airport Rules & Regulations:
Soliciting new riders within the terminals or curbside at ABQ Airport
Distributing promotional materials at the airport
Creating congestion issues by continuously circling Airport Terminal Road without being on an Uber trip request
Stopping in taxi spaces or the emergency vehicle zones. For pickups at the west end (United Airlines curb), those should occur before the taxi spaces. For east end pickups (Alaska Airlines curb), those should occur just past the taxi spaces.
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at the airport, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated staging area located at the cell phone lot
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
You keep airports running smoothly In order to have a great Uber experience at airports for both riders and driver-partners, we need your help.
Please follow any airport rules and regulations. Additionally, if you’re picking up riders at the airport, please be available to complete all ride requests you accept.
Please do not ask riders for their destination and then cancel. This causes problems for riders trying to get home, and partners waiting for their next trip. It’s your choice to pick up riders at the airport.
Driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service for riders or drivers, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to provide transportation to or from airports.
Rides to the airport
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at this airport
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Keep in mind that:
The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation