Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG)
Riders at YWG can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
To receive trip requests at the Terminal Buildings at Winnipeg International Airport (YWG), the Uber app will need to locate your vehicle in the airport waiting area, accessible via Wellington Avenue. Drivers waiting elsewhere will not be eligible to receive trip requests to these buildings through the Uber driver app.
You can find directions to the lot by clicking on the “YWG Airport Waiting Lot” symbol on the Uber app map. The lot is located off of Wellington Ave, on the right side when heading towards the terminal.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated staging area noted by the "YWG Airport Waiting Lot" symbol on the Uber app map.
- The app will record your place in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, you can accept it and pickup your rider at the designated pickup zone at YWG. You can follow directions in the app to the pickup zone. The pickup zone is located on the Arrivals level, at Door 1.
- Failure to comply with the airport's rules and regulations could result in potential citations or loss of airport access.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location.
How drop-off requests work
At YWG, the drop-off location for riders is anywhere on the Departures curb.
Uber waiting lot at YWG
Drivers may wait for ride requests at the designated airport waiting lot only. You may be issued a citation if you wait for trip requests in non-designated areas.
You can find directions to the waiting area by looking for the "YWG Airport Waiting Lot" symbol in the Uber app map. The lot is located off of Wellington Avenue. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the waiting area, the Uber app will locate and place your car in a virtual queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the waiting area or turn off the app, you will lose your place in line and the Uber app will record you as the last car in line, should you return to the lot
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited by YWG and may result in a citation from the airport
Designated pickup area at YWG
Uber users at YWG who request rides will be guided by the app to meet you at the designated pickup area. The pickup zone is located on the inner curb of the Arrivals level, at Door 1.
YWG requires drivers to pick up their riders in the designated area zones only.