Uploading your documents
To drive using the Driver app, you are required to upload certain documents to get your account set up. Refer to the information below when uploading each document.
Required documents overview
Your account profile includes personal and vehicle documents, such as photos of your driver's licence and vehicle insurance. Get the details about driving with Uber in your city.
- Driver requirements
Alberta driver's licence
Proof of work eligibility
Alberta driver abstract
- Vehicle requirements
Class 1-55 livery vehicle registration
Tips for uploading your documents
Follow these tips to ensure that you successfully upload your documents the first time.
Use original documents
Please take photos of your original documents; photocopied documents are not accepted.
Capture the whole document
That means including all 4 edges. If any are cut off, try moving the camera farther away.
Take sharp, clear images
Take photos in a well-lit room and allow your camera to focus first. Avoid blur, glare, and reflections, and make sure text is easy to read.
Upload your driver's licence first
This will speed up the approval process when we need to cross-check your licence with other documents.
1. Alberta driver's licence
- 21+ years old
- Alberta Class 1, 2, 4 licences
A driver's licence is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (by car, not bike) with Uber Eats.
2. Proof of work eligibility
Proof of work options include any of the following:
- Residency card
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Work permit
Proof of work eligibility is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (by car and bike) with Uber Eats.
3. Vehicle insurance
- Alberta insurance
- Insurance must be in your name
- Name must be legible
Vehicle insurance is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (by car, not bike) with Uber Eats.
4. Class 1-55 livery vehicle registration
- Vehicle must be registered in Alberta
- Must have 4 doors
- Cannot be rebuilt or salvaged
- You are not required to own the vehicle
5. Vehicle inspection
- Complete a vehicle inspection with a licensed mechanic
- Take a photo of your completed inspection and upload it to your Uber account
- Keep a copy of it in your vehicle while you're driving on the Uber platform
6. Alberta driver abstract
- Driver abstract for 3 years or longer
- Obtained within the last 30 days
- You cannot have a single major conviction on your abstract, and no more than 3 minor convictions
- You cannot have licence suspensions or any failure to produce insurance convictions
- Merit courses have no impact on abstract eligibility
7. Background check
- Head to your downtown RCMP detachment and request to complete a police information check with a vulnerable sector check
- Upload the results to your driver account once you receive them.