Uploading your documents
To drive using the Driver app, you are required to upload certain documents to get your account set up. Refer to the information below when uploading each document.
Required documents overview
Your account profile includes personal and vehicle documents, such as photos of your driver's licence and vehicle insurance. Get the details about driving with Uber in your city.
- Driver requirements
- Quebec driver's licence
- Tax registration numbers (GST, QST)
- Vehicle requirements
- Training requirements
- Training certificate
Tips for uploading your documents
Follow these tips to ensure that you successfully upload your documents the first time.
Use original documents
Please take photos of your original documents; photocopied documents are not accepted.
Capture the whole document
That means including all 4 edges. If any are cut off, try moving the camera farther away.
Take sharp, clear images
Take photos in a well-lit room and allow your camera to focus first. Avoid blur, glare, and reflections, and make sure text is easy to read.
Upload your driver's licence first
This will speed up the approval process when we need to cross-check your licence with other documents.
1. Quebec driver's licence
- 21+ years old
- Quebec class 4C driver's licence
- Probationary or restricted licences are not accepted.
2. Vehicle insurance
- Insurance must be in your name
- Name must be legible
Vehicle insurance is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (by car, not bike) with Uber Eats.
3. Vehicle registration
- Vehicle must be registered in Quebec
- Must have 4 doors
- Cannot be rebuilt or salvaged
- You are not required to own the vehicle
Vehicle registration is required to drive with Uber. It is also required to deliver (by car, not bike) with Uber Eats.
4. Vehicle inspection
- Complete a vehicle inspection with a licensed mechanic
- Take a photo of your completed inspection and upload it to your Uber account
- Keep a copy of it in your vehicle while you're driving on the Uber platform
5. Training certificate
Every driver must go through a free online training to drive with Uber.
6. Tax registration numbers (GST, QST)
All drivers must have GST and QST numbers to drive on the platform. We will email you a form so you can easily submit or request your tax numbers.