Most people can drive with Uber. The requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum age requirement
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
- Valid documentation to drive in your country
- Proof of residency in your city or province
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s licence photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, take a few minutes to complete a screening online. It'll review your driving record and criminal history.
Documents to keep in your car
City bylaw regulators may request rides at any time to conduct vehicle and document inspections.
Be sure to keep the following documents in your vehicle when driving with Uber:
- Driver's licence
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
Also, make sure to have any required Uber sticker(s) placed on your vehicle.
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Share some documents
Next, submit a copy of your driver's licence and information for a screening. You can also add a vehicle to your account online.
3. Activate your account
Bring your car to an inspection center or for a vehicle inspection. Requirements vary by city, so sign up to see more information.
More ways to make money
Grab your bike, scooter, or car and boost your earnings by making deliveries with Uber. Enjoy a flexible schedule and quick earning potential all while cruising around town.
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.