Drive with Uber
1. Sign up for an Uber partner account
Make sure you've signed up for an Uber partner account. You must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Understand the vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive with Uber in Lethbridge. Check if your vehicle is qualified.
3. Share your driving abstract
- Issued within last 30 days
- No major convictions
- No more than 2 minor convictions
- No licence suspensions
- No failure to produce insurance convictions
Please obtain your 3-year driver abstract from any Alberta registry and upload it to your driver profile.
4. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Permanent PR card, Work permit, Social Insurance Number card or letter, Study permit (if it declares the ability to work off-campus unrelated to program of study), Certificate of Indian Status, Canadian Forces Identification Card, Nexus card. Please submit a photo or the original document. Scanned copies are not accepted. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- If you are uploading a work permit extension letter, upload the extension letter and your work permit in the same photo
- If you are waiting for your renewed PR card, upload a photo of your current PR card and PR card extension letter
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
5. Complete a background check
Head to your downtown RCMP detachement and request to complete a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check. Upload the results to your partner account once you receive them.
Please note: All drivers must have a clean criminal record to drive for Uber.
6. Get your Class 4 licence
All partners on the Uber platform in Red Deer are required to carry a valid Class 1, 2, or 4 licence. Already have one? Read on.
7. Get your vehicle documents
Class 1-55 Vehicle registration: Head to any Alberta registry to get your new registration and upload it to your profile. CLICK HERE for details.
Vehicle Inspection: Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a certified auto technician. Bring the form below and have him/her complete it. Once you pass the inspection, take a picture and upload it to your profile.
Get your Driver for Hire License from the City of Red Deer
To obtain a Driver for Hire License, you can email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at The City of Red Deer, 4914 48 Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta.
You will need the following as part of your application:
- Completed Driver For Hire Application Form
- Police Information check with Vulnerable Sector dated within 180 days of your application
- 5 Year Driver Abstract dated within 60 days of your application
- Proof of a valid Class 1, 2 or 4 Alberta Operator’s license
- A screenshot of your driver profile
- Payment of the $100 licensing fee
More information can be found on the Red Deer website CLICK HERE for details.