COVID-19 update: The health and safety of everybody who uses Uber is always our priority. We encourage all drivers to do their part to help flatten the curve and stay home when possible–especially if you’re feeling sick. We remind drivers that Greenlight Hubs remain closed and a number of third-party services are not available. Account activation may be delayed as a result.
Drive with Uber
1. Sign up for an Uber partner account
Make sure you've signed up for an Uber partner account. You must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Understand the vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive with Uber in Lethbridge. Check if your vehicle is qualified.
3. Share your driving abstract
- Issued within last 30 days
- No major convictions
- No more than 2 minor convictions
- No licence suspensions
- No failure to produce insurance convictions
Please obtain your 3-year driver abstract from any Alberta registry and upload it to your driver profile.
4. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or Work permit
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
5. Complete a background check
Head to your downtown RCMP detachement and request to complete a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check. Upload the results to your partner account once you receive them.
Please note: All drivers must have a clean criminal record to drive for Uber.
6. Get your Class 4 licence
All partners on the Uber platform in Lethbridge are required to carry a valid Class 1, 2, or 4 licence. Already have one? Read on.
7. Get your vehicle documents
Class 1-55 Vehicle registration: Head to any Alberta registry to get your new registration and upload it to your profile. CLICK HERE for details.
Vehicle Inspection: Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a certified auto technician. Bring the form below and have him/her complete it. Once you pass the inspection, take a picture and upload it to your profile.