Activate your vehicle
To drive with Uber in Ottawa, your vehicle must pass an inspection and receive a 'Safety Standards Certificate' (SSC). Every time you complete an inspection, you'll need to upload a new SSC onto your profile.
- If your vehicle model is 5 years or newer, it will require an inspection every 12 month
- If your vehicle model is older than 5 years, it will require an inspection every 6 months
Complete the inspection at one of the locations licensed by the Ministry of Transportation that can issue a 'Safety Standards Certificate'.
Discounted rates for vehicle inspection
Uber partners now get a discounted rate for Vehicle Inspections at these locations in Ottawa:
- Canadian Tire ($80 + tax)
- Myers Automotive Group ($105 + tax): visit myers.ca to find the best location
Annual vehicle inspections
1. Find an inspection centre
Find your nearest inspection centre and make an appointment for a vehicle inspection.
Wher ever you choose to complete an inspection, be sure to visit a Motor Vehicle Inspection Station that can issue a 'Safety Standards Certificate'.
2. Complete a vehicle inspection
Bring your vehicle in for the inspection. If your vehicle passes the inspection, the mechanic will give you a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC).
Note that Uber does not cover the cost of the inspection, or any repairs or maintenance needed to pass an inspection.
Inspection centres in Ottawa
The information being provided in this web page for informational purposes only, about third-party offers. Uber is not responsible for third-party offers, products, and/or services. These offers are subject to change and may be updated or withdrawn without notice.