COVID-19 update: The health and safety of everybody who uses Uber is always our priority. We encourage all drivers to do their part to help flatten the curve and stay home when possible–especially if you’re feeling sick. We remind drivers that Greenlight Hubs remain closed and a number of third-party services are not available. Account activation may be delayed as a result.
Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in Kitchener-Waterloo. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or Work permit
- Vehicle registration: Both sides of the registration are required. The car must also be in good condition with no cosmetic damage, have 4 doors, no commercial branding, and cannot be rebuilt or salvaged. You are not required to own the vehicle.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and must be legible.
4. Background screening
After finishing your profile, take a few minutes to complete a background screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history. Within 3 business days, the background screening will be complete and we will email you the results.
5. Vehicle inspection
Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a licenced mechanic to receive a Safety Standards (SSC) each year. You must upload a photo of this document within 36 days of passing the inspection.
When your vehicle inspection and background screening have been approved, we will mail two Uber stickers to your mailing address.
Display the stickers. One sticker must go on the front passenger window and the other must go on the back windshield. The stickers are removable and only need to be displayed when you're driving with Uber.
Need to replace your sticker?
Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Re-order in your app
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Option 2: Pick it up at a Greenlight Hub
Support at every turn
We want the process to be hassle-free. That’s why our Uber Experts right here in Toronto to answer your questions, host information sessions, and support you.