Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in Kitchener-Waterloo. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent (G1 or G2 is not allowed). If you're uploading an interim licence, please include a government-issued photo ID (e.g. previous driving license, passport etc.) in the same photo to verify your identity. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- Proof of work eligibility: "Birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, residency card, work permit, Social Insurance Number card or paper, study permit must declare the ability to work off-campus, Certificate of Indian Status, Canadian Forces Identification Card, Nexus card. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable."
- Vehicle registration: Both sides (left and right) of the registration document are required. The car must also be in good condition with no cosmetic damage, have 4 doors, no commercial branding, and cannot be rebuilt or salvaged. You are not required to own the vehicle. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and must be legible. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
4. Background screening
After finishing your profile, take a few minutes to complete a background screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history. Within 3 business days, the background screening will be complete and we will email you the results.
5. Vehicle inspection
Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a licensed mechanic to receive a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC) each year. You must upload a photo of this document within 36 days of passing the inspection. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
When your vehicle inspection and background screening have been approved, we will mail two Uber stickers to your mailing address.
Display the stickers. One sticker must go on the front passenger window and the other must go on the back windshield. The stickers are removable and only need to be displayed when you're driving with Uber.
Need to replace your sticker?
Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Re-order in your app
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Option 2: Pick it up at a Greenlight Hub
Support at every turn
We want the process to be hassle-free. That’s why our Uber Experts right here in Toronto to answer your questions, host information sessions, and support you.