To drive with Uber in Edmonton, you must complete an in-person background screening at the Edmonton Police Service.
Complete an EPS background screen
Contact the Edmonton Police Service
Contact the Edmonton Police Service to complete an EPS background screen. All partners must have a clean criminal record to drive with Uber.
External background screening results are not accepted.
Gather your documents
Before contacting the Edmonton Police Service, please bring these documents to complete your background screening.
- Driver's licence. Please note that temporary licences are not accepted at this time.
- A 3-year driver's abstract (less than 30 days old)
- A secondary piece of ID. This can be any of the following:
- Provincial Health Care Card
- National Defence Card
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Blood Services Card
- WIN Card
- Citizenship Card
- FIrearm Acquisition Card
- Immigration Papers (ex. work of study permit)
Please note that temporary licences are not accepted at this time.
Residents of Edmonton
Place of residence
The Edmonton Police can only complete a background check for residents in the City of Edmonton and following surrounding areas:
- Sherwood Park
- St. Albert
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Spruce Grove
- Stony Plain
Proof of residence
P.O. box addresses are not accepted as an address. You will need a physical address to complete your background screening.
The Edmonton Police Service will accept any of the following as a Proof of Residence:
- Alberta driver's licence (temporary not accepted)
- Utility bill
- Bank/credit card statements
- Property rental agreement/mortgage documents
- Car registration/insurance
- Post-secondary school registration
- Recent online shopping invoices
- Food delivery purchases
This documentation must include your name and current address and be dated within the last 90 days.