To ensure we’re doing our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we’re switching to an appointment-only model for all Greenlight Hubs. Going forward, drivers are required to schedule an appointment in advance if they want to visit a Greenlight Hub. Walk-ins are not permitted at this time.
To schedule an in-person appointment, visit our Help Center.
To drive with Uber in Calgary, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- 5 seatbelts
- 10 years or newer
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No commercial branding
- No rental vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
You must have a Class 1-55 Vehicle Registration to drive with Uber. Learn more here.
Please note: Class 1-55 Vehicle Registration does not provide Uber drivers with the same privileges as a taxi.
Alberta has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for rideshare drivers. You can see our policy here. All drivers are also required to maintain a personal insurance policy. We recommend you speak with your provider to discuss ride sharing. For a ride-share friendly insurance quote, please visit www.uber.aon.ca.
Your name must be visible on the insurance pink slip. If you’re the secondary driver, you must show proof of the policy document with your name on it. Learn more about insurance
The most popular vehicle option for riders.
Vehicle's model year must be 10 years or newer to qualify to drive with UberX in Calgary.
Seat extra passengers—and earn higher fares—with your high-capacity vehicle.
Vehicle's model year must be 10 years or newer. Most SUVs qualify to drive with UberXL.
Comfort was designed to maximize possibilities on the Uber platform.
- Maintain eligibility on a different Uber option such as UberX, UberXL, Uber Black, or Uber Black SUV
- Have a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on at least 250 trips
- Drive a vehicle with more legroom than smaller, compact cars eligible for UberX and that meet the minimum vehicle year requirement
Premium rides with highly rated drivers.
- Have a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on 250 completed trips
- Drive an eligible luxury vehicle with a leather interior that is 5 years old or newer