It’s been almost a year since we first introduced tipping in the Uber app. Since then, riders have been giving thanks to the drivers who make their day by adding a tip.
To help you better understand why your riders might leave a tip, we went right to the source and surveyed riders across the US. Here’s what they said:
76% of surveyed riders tip because the car was clean and comfortable
- Pro tip: veteran drivers recommend cleaning your car regularly and keeping it odor-free. It looks like riders agree!
66% of riders add a tip after having a great conversation with their driver
- Pro tip: you may want to read the room—or in this case, the car. While many riders enjoy having conversations in the car, some prefer peace and quiet. You can try starting with a friendly “Hello, how are you?” and gauge their response to see if they’re interested in chatting during the ride.
66% of riders said they leave a tip when the driver helps with luggage or large items
- Pro tip: if your rider has luggage, groceries, or other large items, you can offer to lend a helping hand or make room in the trunk.
52% said they add a tip if they were able to charge their phone during the ride
- Pro tip: consider keeping an extra phone charger (or 2) in the car for your riders to use on the trip.
44% of riders tip because they enjoyed the tunes
- Pro tip: since great music is important to many riders, you can prepare with some go-to playlists or radio stations, or maybe pass the aux cord to the rider and let them play DJ.
Knowing these trends can be helpful, but it’s important to remember that everyone tips for different reasons. If you’re interested in learning more about providing great service, check out these 5-star pro tips.
Note: the survey allowed riders to select multiple reasons for why they tip.