- Wait until you’ve snagged your luggage from the baggage claim to fire up the app and request your ride. (Optional: show off the app to your fellow travelers—spread the Uber love with your invite code!)
- Don’t hesitate to call or text your driver to coordinate your exact pickup location.
- Always confirm your driver’s name and license plate when they arrive to ensure you’ve got the right ride.
- Requesting via text message? Text the full airport name (i.e. “Baltimore Washington International Airport,” “Washington Dulles International Airport,” or “Ronald Reagan National Airport”) to 827-222 to request your ride.
Do keep in mind the different DC-area airports have different rules on where your driver can pick you up. Here are some quick tips for all three:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA):
From Terminals B and C, head out to the second curb from the exit on the arrivals level to meet your driver.
- Washington Dulles International (IAD):
Your driver will pick you up in the hourly parking area—walk outside just past the taxi and bus pickup on the first floor.
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI):
BWI keeps things nice and simple. Your driver will wait right outside the arrivals door!
Get ready to go from cramped and turbulent to smooth and spacious in your Uber. 🙂 Ride on!
– The Uber DC Team