As we learn to live in the new normal, Uber wants to help you navigate through this new way of life. We want to make your life a little easier. Uber has launched a new product, Uber Connect, to make it easier than ever to send packages, items, and goods to others.
What is Uber Connect?
Uber Connect is an easy, same-day, no-contact delivery solution that allows people to send items whether it’s a care package for a loved one, a gift for a friend’s birthday, an item you sold online or an important business document.
Here’s how it compares with normal package-delivery services
- No postage required.
- On-demand package delivery—no need to wait hours or days for it to arrive.
- The driver will transport the package on your behalf directly from your location
- No direct contact with others—physical distancing guidance approved!
How Uber Connect works
- Prepare your package and secure it shut.
- Select Connect in the Uber app, agree to the terms and conditions, confirm that your package does not contain prohibited items, and request a delivery.
- Reply to the message you’ll receive in the Uber app asking for the recipient’s name and any special delivery instructions for your driver.
- Meet the driver curbside and load your package into their trunk.*
- Share the trip with your recipient so they can track the trip and meet the driver curbside to retrieve the package from the driver’s trunk.
Please make sure your package is under 30 pounds, under $100 in value, securely sealed, and not a prohibited item (such as alcohol, medication, recreational drugs, and dangerous or illegal items).
This is just one of the ways Uber wants to help meet the needs of businesses, drivers, delivery people, and consumers during this time. Even though we have to physically remain apart, staying connected will help us get through this time together.
Where is Uber Connect available?
Uber Connect is now available in more than 25 cities in Australia, Mexico, Canada and the US.
Disclosure: *Packages sent using Uber Connect must total less than $100 in value per trip, be less than 30 pounds, and fit comfortably in the trunk of a midsize vehicle. Prohibited items include but are not limited to: alcohol, medication, recreational drugs, and dangerous or illegal items. If the recipient is not available to receive the package, the driver may contact you to resolve the issue. Uber does not maintain insurance coverage for package loss, theft, or damage caused by a third-party. Please see terms and conditions for full details.