On Wednesday, 15, Volunteer Florida and Uber launched #SuitsforSession, where people could donate professional clothes on-demand via the Uber app. Thanks to everyone who donated, we collected 3,282 donations of professional attire for job-seekers statewide.
Volunteer Florida CEO Chester Spellman said, “Volunteer Florida is thrilled by the volume and quality of the donations we received through #SuitsForSession. We are grateful for our partnership with Uber, which made it possible for so many people to give.”
Uber Florida General Manager, Miami/Fort Lauderdale Kasra Moshkani said, “Wednesday’s second annual #SuitsForSession Capitol service project was a tremendous success, and we are proud to have played a role in making the donation of items easy and convenient for Uber users. We are thankful for the generosity of those in Leon County, who came together to collect thousands of items.”
Donated items will be delivered to Chapman Partnership in Miami, Dress for Success Tampa Bay, ECHO Outreach Ministries in Tallahassee, Bridges of America, and the Florida State University Unconquered Scholars program in Tallahassee throughout the coming days.
Thank you to everyone who donated, and to the driver-partners who picked up donations and delivered them to Volunteer Florida!
Have you done your spring cleaning yet?
On Wednesday, March 15, Uber and Volunteer Florida will make it easier for you. Building on the success of previous promotions across the country, Volunteer Florida and Uber have partnered again to launch the #SuitsforSession initiative to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride.
Those with the Uber app in Tallahassee will be able to request a donation pickup and have a driver come to them to collect their professional clothes, free of charge—so all you have to do is decide what clothing you want to donate. The clothing will later be donated to organizations like the Chapman Partnership, Dress for Success Tampa Bay, ECHO Outreach Ministries, Bridges of America, and the Florida State University Unconquered Scholars program. These donations will help with job placement opportunities and support hundreds in the Tallahassee community and across the state.
How it works:
- Gather the professional clothing you want to donate
- On Wednesday, March 15, from 8am-5pm, open the Uber app and select the GIVE option on the bottom of the screen
- If you’re matched with a driver, an Uber vehicle will arrive to pick up your donations, and will drop off the donations to Volunteer Florida
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
- Drivers will arrive at requested pickup locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside, as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
- Donors may also bring clothing to the Volunteer Florida display on the Third Floor Rotunda at the Florida State Capitol.