The holidays are around the corner, which means folks are traveling to see friends and family, and turning to Uber for a safe, reliable ride at the push of a button.
In the spirit of the season, we wanted to share some tips and tricks to help you use Uber around the holidays.
Airport Availability: Whether you’re staying domestic or flying to another country, you can take Uber to and from Pittsburgh International Airport. The Uber app will provide instructions for your pickup to your driver. You can also visit uber.com/airports/pit/ for more information.
Schedule your ride: Whether you’re headed out of town, or want to be on-time to a party, you can have extra assurance knowing your Uber will be available when you need it. Uber’s Scheduled Rides feature is available in Pittsburgh, and you can request your ride 30 days to just 30 minutes before you need it. It’s super easy to use:
- Open the Uber app and tap the calendar icon in the “where to” box.
- Set your pickup date and time; and enter your pickup and drop off locations.
- Select the ride you want to take (ie: uberX, UberPREMIUM and see the estimated fare; Tap “schedule.”)
- We’ll send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified once your ride is on the way, as well as what the fare will be. You can cancel up to 5 minutes after your ride is on the way.
Fare Splitting: If you’re sharing your Uber ride with a friend to a Friendsgiving dinner, holiday party, or the airport, it’s easy to split the fare right through the app. Once you’ve requested a ride, tap the arrow icon next to your driver’s info, select “Split Fare”, choose your friends, and tap “Send”.
Share your Status: If you’re riding to meet family or friends at a holiday party, Thanksgiving dinner or anything else, you can share your location with them in real-time so they know when to expect you. Once you’re on a trip, just tap “Share Status” to send them a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
Treat your Friends and Family to a Ride: If you’re hosting out-of-town family or friends this year, you can treat your guests to more than just festive food and drinks by footing the bill when they’re traveling. Whether it’s a friend, parent, sibling or significant other, you can invite family or friends to join your “Family Profile” so you can easily pay for their ride and make sure they get there safely, with real-time trip tracking. Here’s how it works:
- Tap “Add Family Profile” in Settings
- Add your loved ones as members
- Once they accept, they’ll be one tap from a reliable ride and you’ll stay in the know with notifications when they ride
Uber lost and found: It happens to everyone: You leave your Uber and realize you left something behind in the backseat. Whether it’s your phone, your backpack, or even a shoe (yes, it’s happened), with Uber it’s easy to recover lost items. Lost and found might come in handy during the holidays when gloves, scarves, and hats are apt to get left behind. Here’s how:
- The best way to retrieve an item you may have left in a vehicle is to call the driver.
- Scroll down to enter your phone number and tap SUBMIT.
- Your phone will ring and connect you with your driver’s mobile number.
- If you’ve lost your phone, please enter a friend’s phone number to connect with your driver.