As the Official Ride of the Warriors, Uber is proud to help the most passionate fans in the league get around all season long. On Tuesday, April 10, we’re teaming up with the Warriors to get the Bay Area ready for the playoffs, including the chance to score tickets and a ride with last year’s trophy.
Golden Uber, Golden Tickets
There will be one special Uber out on Dubs Day that you can’t miss—and everyone hopes they get. It’s shining golden bright, and inside are a limited number of playoff tickets and last year’s trophy.
Hundreds of other Ubers will be rolling around on Dubs Day with Warriors gear for lucky riders across the Bay. Even the Uber app is getting the Warriors treatment, going blue and gold.
Dubs Day, here we come.
Official Terms and Conditions
Sponsored by Uber Technologies, Inc.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES FROM YOU TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN A PRIZE OR REDEEM A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber”) is offering the “Uber Dubs Day Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”), and by participating, you (“Participant”) agree to be bound by them and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to users of the Uber mobile application (“Uber Users”), which mobile application is Uber’s proprietary mobile technology application for requesting rides (the “Uber Application”) during the Sweepstakes Period. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the entry date and are legal residents of California who do not reside within seventy-five (75) miles of Sacramento, California (unless residing closer to Oakland, CA than Sacramento, CA) or within seventy-five (75) miles of Los Angeles, California. Employees, officers and representatives of Uber or the Golden State Warriors and each of their affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (i.e., parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Participate: The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends at 4:00 pm PT on April 10, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Here is what Participants must do to enter:
A. Sign Up: To enter, Participants must have an Uber User account. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit uber.com or download the free Uber Application (if a Participant does not already have it) and complete the registration process to activate an Uber User account by providing the following information: first name, last name, a valid email address, password and mobile telephone number (including area code). Each Participant who is activating a new Uber User account will also be required to enter valid credit card information to register for an Uber User account.
B. How to Participate: Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by using the Uber Application to request and get an UberX ride during the Sweepstakes Period – Completion of the foregoing action shall generate one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
C. Email: Participants may also participate in the Sweepstakes via email by sending an email to email@example.com specifying the name of the Sweepstakes in the subject line of the email. Participants must also include ONLY the following details in the body of the email: Entrant’s email address and name. All email entries must be received by no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Limit of one (1) entry per person using only one Uber User account/email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any Uber User account/email address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void.
All participants are required to provide complete and truthful information. Any completed ride based on information that is incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Uber’s sole and absolute discretion. Any completed ride by an Uber User that does not meet the eligibility requirements is void. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated participating methods or agents will be void.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Uber and by the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules; and (c) agrees to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winning the Prize or redeeming a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Eight (8) grand prizes the “Prize”) is available and will be awarded to the Prize Winner (defined below) of the Sweepstakes. The Prize consists of one pair (two (2) tickets) of tickets to a Golden State Warriors playoff basketball game at Oracle Arena (ARV: $500.00). Exact date and time of basketball game to be determined by Uber in its sole discretion.
If, for any reason the Prize, or any part of the Prize, is unavailable for any reason, Uber reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute prize, or portion of prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner or any Participant.
Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or any Participant who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. In the event a potential Winner or Participant does not or cannot accept the Prize, an alternate Winner and Participant will be determined among eligible Participants on the same basis as the potential Winner of the Prize was determined. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize are solely the Winner and Participant’s responsibility, including, but not limited to, tax, license, registration, insurance and any all other costs and expenses. The Prize is provided “as is”. Participants acknowledge that Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Any prizes pictured in advertising and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only.
The value of the Prize will be taxable to the Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 and W9 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded. All U.S. federal, state and local tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Participant’s responsibility (regardless of whether the Prize, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: Prizes will be randomly assigned to specific winning times throughout the Sweepstakes Period. During the Sweepstakes Period, if you are the first to enter (either via the Uber App or email) at a randomly selected winning time (as determined by Sponsor) or if no one enters at such time and your entry is the first submitted thereafter (as determined by Sponsor), you will receive a winning notification from Sponsor indicating that you are a potential Winner. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries received and the time of entry. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility, winning entry and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Limit of one (1) prize per person and per household throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement announcing the Winner through the Uber app or in any manner that they deem appropriate. If a Winner of the Prize is not eligible or cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within six (6) hours from when the initial notification email is sent or initial phone call is made, or a Prize or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Winner forfeits the Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected by Uber among the remaining Participants. If the alternate Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Prize, the Prize is forfeited and another alternate Winner will be selected by Uber. This Winner selection and notification process shall be continued until a Winner of the Prize is confirmed.
5. Winner Verification: If participating via the Uber App, Winners will be notified immediately upon entering their UberX vehicle requested during the Sweepstakes Period. If participating via email, Winners will be notified immediately by Uber via email. The Winners (or any alternate Winners if any must be selected) are not official and shall not be confirmed as the Winners until each Winner has completed, signed and returned documentation required by Uber — which will include an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, (except where prohibited) publicity release form, and a completed IRS W-9 form, and the eligibility of the potential Winner has been verified. Forms must be received within twelve (12) hours after notification of winning. If a Winner (or any alternate Winner) does not complete all forms necessary within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by a Winner (or alternate Winner), such Winner (or alternate Winner) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the Prize, and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate Winner will be determined as provided herein.
Provided that a Winner is in compliance with these Official Rules and after having successfully proven eligibility, a Winner will be officially confirmed as a Winner. Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of a Winner for any reason it deems necessary. In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. To the extent applicable, the terms of this Section 5 shall apply to the winners of the Prize as well.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity: The Prize is offered and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Uber, either express or implied. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Winner and each Participant acknowledges that Uber and/or the Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide automotive or other insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize as required by law or that the Winner otherwise deems appropriate. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO PARTICIPANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT UBER AND/OR OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
By entering the Sweepstakes, Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber, Golden State Warriors, LLC, the Sweepstakes Entities, GSW Sports LLC, Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc., AEG Management Oakland, LLC, the City of Oakland, the County of Alameda, the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority and all of their respective members, managers, equity holders, officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, partners, agents, employees, successors and assigns each of them from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the Sweepstakes, (ii) without limitation, death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance and use or the Prize, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, the Prize, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the Sweepstakes, Participants or the Winner, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or emails; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of completed trip information; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the Prize. Participant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Prize or any component. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Prize, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees.
Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify and void completed trips that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes related advertisements. Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site including www.uber.com, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in, uploading any materials or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any completed trips received by such means will be void. Uber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it suspects or finds (i) to have tampered with the administrative process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner, Uber or the Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
By entering this Sweepstakes, the Participant agrees to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR.” The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
7. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or winning the Prize, Participant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Participant (if true) and any video footage related to the Sweepstakes or Prize, for all Sweepstakes Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the Sweepstakes Entities putting his or her name on a competitor’s list throughout the duration of the Sweepstakes Period and thereafter.
8. General Terms. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Uber’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted on www.uber.com. Uber reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes Period for clarification purposes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, UBER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Participant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect; (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the AAA Rules, in San Francisco County, California; (4) unless both Participant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO A PARTICIPANT.
11. Governing Law: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Uber in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of these Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made within 30 days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked to Casey Epps at 555 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105; and (ii) write “Winners’ Names” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
13. Sponsored and Administered by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.