Independence Day for New Yorkers is synonymous with fireworks, long weekends in the Hamptons, beaches, BBQs, and relaxation. Let’s not forget the most important part: FREEDOM. This year, we’re giving you the ultimate freedom – from the crowds, the traffic, and the long trip out East – with UberCHOPPER. Tap a single button to request a private driver who will transport you and four friends to the helipad, where you’ll take off directly for East Hampton. Another driver will be awaiting your arrival to drop you off at your final destination. Blair Waldorf, Don Draper, and Jay Gatsby got nothing on you. This is the epitome of luxury, convenience, and style.
Once in the Hamptons, what better way to get from the beach to the bar than your own private driver, requested on-demand with the Uber app. We’re excited to announce that Uber is officially extending our reliable coverage from Southampton to Montauk this July 4th and for the weekends this summer.
Request an UberCHOPPER
Service will run 12-8 p.m. EDT on July 3, 2013*
- Select UberCHOPPER in the Uber app (iPhone/Android), or online at m.uber.com
- Press the black bar that reads “Set Pickup Location”
- If everything looks correct, press the request button at the bottom of the screen
- We’ll give you a call for final confirmation
- An SUV will pick you up, along with up to 4 friends, and transport you to the helipad
- Enjoy the ride to East Hampton
- An SUV will be ready and waiting for your arrival in East Hampton to take you to your final destination
- No need to hand payment or tip to your drivers or pilots – payment is automatic and hassle free
*Weather will keep the choppers from flying. If there are thunderstorms, UberCHOPPER will not be available.
Demand will be high for UberCHOPPER and UberSUV in the Hamptons, and supply will be tight. If at first you don’t see any available, keep trying! And of course, if you have any questions, reach out to us at SupportNY@Uber.com or on twitter at @Uber_NYC.
See you in the skies!