Partnering with Uber means more than just the ability to earn flexible income, have your own business, and be your own boss. It also means having a voice in that partnership.
Being part of the Uber community empowers every driver-partner to connect with us, whether to give feedback, find answers to questions, or share their stories. And now, in New York City, having a voice extends to a driver-partner deactivation review panel.
American Arbitration Association
The American Arbitration Association (AAA), a not-for-profit, public service organization founded in 1926, will act as facilitators for all deactivation hearings.
- No deactivation decision is taken lightly or without investigation. As such, certain deactivation decisions, especially those related to zero tolerance violations, are not eligible for appeal. For example, we will not accept appeals related to criminal activity while on the app, like theft or reckless driving. Likewise, we will not accept appeals related to physical or sexual altercations.
- Only New York City TLC licensed drivers with trips on an Uber New York City account are eligible to apply.
- Temporary deactivations related to quality, like low ratings, have a separate resolution process. Please check your email for instructions or visit t.uber.com/nycquality. If your account is waitlisted, for example, due to inactive documents or something similar, please go here for assistance getting back on the road.
- Beyond this, the majority of deactivation decisions will be eligible for appeal. However, it is impossible to anticipate the full range of causes that could result in deactivation. Ultimate determination of eligibility will be determined by Uber on a case-by-case basis.
- If your appeal meets the criteria above, please submit your information through the form below. The Uber NYC team will confirm your request, and if your appeal is eligible you will be invited to an appointment with the driver panel.
- The deactivation appeal program was developed with the input from the Independent Drivers Guild, a Machinists Union affiliate. If you are eligible for a deactivation hearing, you have the right to either represent yourself or a representative of the Independent Drivers Guild may help make your argument.
Posted by Jennifer Everett
Los Angeles Angels Pick Up Order Sweepstakes Official Rules
Bypassing Large Diffs in SubmitQueue
Attribute-Based Access Control at Uber
Up: Portable Microservices Ready for the Cloud