Starting September 2nd, Uber and MGM Resorts are giving riders the chance to win a special VIP experience courtesy of iHeartMedia.
How it works
- Between September 2 and October 13, take an Uber trip to any MGM Resorts property in Las Vegas using the promo code UBERTOMGM to receive up to $5* off your next four (4) rides and be entered into the sweepstakes (terms and restrictions apply)
- Eligible resorts: Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano Las Vegas, Park MGM, The Mirage, New York-New York, Luxor, & Excalibur
- Throughout the Uber to MGM Sweepstakes, on Mondays following the Entry Period, one (1) winner will be selected to receive an MGM Resorts prize package, for a total of five (5) winners
- Winners will be notified by phone or email at the phone number or email provided with the entry or associated with each potential winner’s Uber account
- Learn more about the sweepstakes and eligibility in the Official Rules below
- Entry Period 1: Two tickets to Daytime Stage and both nights of iHeartRadio Music Festival plus weekend stay at Park MGM (plus $500 gift / travel card if winner resides outside of Las Vegas)
- Entry Period 2: Private Cabana at an MGM Resorts pool plus a $300 food and beverage credit
- Entry Period 3: Two tickets to see a concert of your choice at MGM Grand Garden Arena, T-Mobile Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center, or Park Theater
- Entry Period 4: Tickets to see Michael Jackson One or any other Cirque du Soleil show at an MGM Resorts destination
- Entry Period 5: Dinner for two at “Best Friend” – Park MGM plus VIP entry to “On The Record”
*Promotion is valid for up to $5 off your ride that begins in Las Vegas, NV and ends at any MGM Resorts Property in Las Vegas. The discount is valid between 12:00 a.m. PT on 9/2/19 and 11:59 p.m. PT on 10/13/19. Offer valid for UberX, Pools, XL, Select, Black, and WAV ride options only, where available. Excludes all other ride options, canceled trips, Uber Eats, and JUMP bikes and scooters. Limit four (4) Uber Trips per person using the Promotion Code during the Sweepstakes Period. To activate the promo code, apply it in the Uber app prior to requesting your ride between the dates and times stated above. Discount does not apply to surcharges, tolls, or tips and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. One time use only. Offer is non-transferable. Offer and terms are subject to change.
Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber” or “Sponsor”) is sponsoring the Uber to MGM Resorts Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”), and by participating, you (“Entrant”) agree to be bound by them and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
NO PURCHASE OR UBER TRIP NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 13, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of five (5) separate entry periods (each, an “Entry Period” and collectively, the “Entry Periods”) wherein one (1) Entry Period prize will be awarded at the end of each Entry Period to the winner for that Entry Period. The first Entry Period will begin on Monday, September 2, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. PT and will continue for two weeks until Sunday, September 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Each Entry Period after that will begin on the next Monday at 12:00 a.m. PT and will end the following Sunday at 11:59 p.m. PT. Non-winning entries WILL NOT roll over to subsequent Entry Period drawings, if any. Entries not received within the Sweepstakes Period will be void.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and who take trips that originate within Uber’s Las Vegas service market to any MGM Resorts International properties in Las Vegas, NV. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives (i.e., parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Uber, MGM Resorts International, iHeartMedia, Inc., or any of their affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Additionally, individuals who are employed by any local, state or federal government office or agency, elected officials and individuals listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local rules, laws, and regulations.
3. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
1) Promotion Code Uber Trip: During the Sweepstakes Period, complete one (1) Uber trip via the Uber app to any eligible MGM Resorts International property in Las Vegas, NV, originating from within Uber’s Las Vegas service market, using the Promotion Code, as defined herein, to automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The promotion code to be used is UBERTOMGM (“Promotion Code”). The Promotion Code is available while supplies last. Limit four (4) Uber Trips per person using the Promotion Code during the Sweepstakes Period. To be eligible for a given prize, riders must request an eligible Uber trip using the Promotion Code during the applicable Entry Period.
2) Online: To enter without completing an Uber trip using the Promotion Code for one or more of the Entry Periods, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Uber to MGM Resorts Sweepstakes” in the subject line and your full name, telephone number, permanent home address (including city, state and zip code) and date of birth in the body of the email. To be eligible for a given prize, your email entry must be received by Sponsor during the applicable Entry Period.
Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address and/or account per Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received in excess of this stated limitation will be void.
All entries must be received by no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. When submitting an entry, Entrant is required to provide complete and truthful information. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Uber’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by persons who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age, residence, and receipt of the Sweepstakes email from Uber) are void. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated entry methods or agents to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person or that person’s agents. Uber will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified or void are considered “Eligible Entries.” All entries are the property of Uber and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Uber and by the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules; and (c) agrees to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: At the end of each Entry Period, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing by Uber from all Eligible Entries during the applicable Entry Period. Each potential winner will be notified by phone or email (at the phone number or email provided with the entry or associated with each potential winner’s Uber account), and will be required to confirm his/her email address and/or phone number. Details will follow via email. Odds of winning a particular prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period.
Uber shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within twenty-four (24) hours (or such other time specified by Uber) from when the initial notification email is sent, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner forfeits the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Uber, in its sole discretion and time permitting, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of each prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize: One (1) prize is available for each Entry Period (for a total of five (5) prizes) (Each hereinafter referred to as a “Prize”) as follows:
One (1) Entry Period 1 Prize is available with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,700 consisting of the following:
- Two (2) admission tickets to the Daytime Stage and two (2) admission tickets to both nights of the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, NV on September 20 – 21, 2019;
- Two (2) nights/three (3) days accommodations for winner and a guest at Park MGM in Las Vegas, NV from September 20 – September 22, 2019; and
- A $500 pre-paid gift card which may be used to help offset any required travel expenses if winner resides outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.
One (1) Entry Period 2 Prize is available with an ARV of $600 consisting of:
- One (1) day Private Cabana rental at a Las Vegas MGM Resorts pool of winner’s choice plus a $300 food and beverage credit. Must be redeemed by October 31, 2019.
One (1) Entry Period 3 Prize is available with an ARV of $500 consisting of:
- Two (2) admission tickets to winner’s choice of concert at MGM Grand Garden Arena, T-Mobile Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center, or Park Theater.
One (1) Entry Period 4 Prize is available with an ARV of $400 consisting of:
- Two (2) admission tickets to Michael Jackson One or winner’s choice of any other Cirque du Soleil show at a MGM Resorts Las Vegas destination.
One (1) Entry Period 5 Prize is available with an ARV of $400 consisting of:
- Dinner for two (2) at “Best Friend” at Park MGM and VIP entry to “On The Record.”
The aggregate retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $4,600.00.
All Prizes exclude airfare/transportation to/from Las Vegas, Nevada. Unless otherwise indicated herein, all expenses and travel costs including, but not limited to, all transportation, meals, incidental, surcharges, service charge or facility charges, personal charges at hotel, taxes or other expense, are the responsibility of each winner and his/her guest. All elements of each Prize are subject to availability, blackout days (which may include holidays, weekends and/or special events) and certain other restrictions. All elements of each Prize must be used during the same stay/visit. The winner of the Entry Period 1 Prize will be required to present a major valid credit card at the time of check-in to cover incidentals and fees/services not included in the prize. Unless otherwise noted above, each Prize must be redeemed by December 31, 2019. Food and beverage credit is valid for food, beverage and applicable taxes; credit not valid for gratuity. Any unused portion of any voucher/credits will become void, and will no longer be redeemable. Seating type, level, and location for events/shows/concerts will be determined in the sole discretion of the prize provider. If applicable, elements of each Prize may be subject to terms and conditions set forth in applicable prize certificates or passes/tickets. Each Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or any element of a Prize) for one of equal or greater retail value if the designated prize (or element of Prize) should become unavailable for any reason. The values of the Prizes set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARVs thereof, and the actual fair market value of each Prize will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and will be final and binding and cannot be appealed. Actual value of a Prize may vary based on time of stay and other factors. Each winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of winner notification.
Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize a Prize or any portion thereof. Winners agree to comply with any additional terms and conditions applicable to a Prize. Each Prize is provided “as is”; Entrants acknowledge that Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Any prizes pictured in advertising and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only.
The value of the Prize will be taxable to each Winner as income. All U.S. federal, state and local tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of each Winner (regardless of whether the Prize, in whole or in part, is used). Winners must submit the Taxpayer ID, Social Security Number and/or any other information or documentation Uber may require for payment and/or tax reporting purposes, including but not limited to a W9.
6. Winner Verification: Each potential winner may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence, and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification within twenty-four (24) hours after being notified of being a potential winner.
Each potential winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, publicity release form (except where prohibited), and a completed IRS W-9 form (if required), and the eligibility of the potential winner will be verified. Forms must be returned within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt by potential winner. If any potential winner does not complete all forms necessary within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by any potential winner, such potential winner shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the Prize, and all privileges otherwise due as a potential winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries.
Provided that each potential winner is in compliance with the Official Rules and after having successfully proven eligibility, they will be officially confirmed as the Winners (each, a “Winner”). Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason it deems necessary.
Additionally, Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement, announcing the Winners on either the Uber website, through the Uber App, or in any manner (including, without limitation, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)), which they deem appropriate.
7. Liability Release and Indemnity: THE PRIZES ARE OFFERED AND PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE BY UBER OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT WILL UBER OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT UBER AND/OR OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the Sweepstakes, (ii) without limitation, death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, including any travel/activity related thereto, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance and use or the Prize, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, the Prize, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the Sweepstakes, Entrants or the Winners, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable entries or Prize notifications; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer or mobile device systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, any travel or Uber trips or rides taken by Entrant in connection with using the Prize). Entrant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Prize or any Prize component. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Prize, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees.
Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes related advertisements. Uber and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prize and Winners, the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site including uber.com, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in, uploading any materials or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. Uber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it suspects or finds (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner, Uber or the Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and/or winning the Prize, Entrant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Entrant (if true) and any video footage related to the Prize, for all Sweepstakes Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the Sweepstakes Entities putting his or her name on a winner’s list. Please note that Uber may not acknowledge or return any entries.
9. General Terms. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Uber’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted on uber.com. Uber reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes Period for clarification purposes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, UBER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect; (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the AAA Rules, in San Francisco County, California; (4) unless both Entrant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Governing Law: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Uber in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
13. Accessibility of Official Rules and Winners List: A copy of the Official Rules is available via t.uber.com/ubertomgm. Where required by law, Uber will provide the name of Winner(s) of a Sweepstakes to those who request it. For the names of Winners: (i) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked to Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103, Attn: Contracts – Winner List; and (ii) write the name of the Sweepstakes on the lower left hand corner of the envelope. All requests for the names of the Winners must be received within two (2) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
14. Sponsored and Administered by: Sweepstakes subject to these Official Rules are sponsored and administered by Uber Technologies, Inc., with a place of business at 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.
15. Prize Provider: iHeartMedia, Inc., 3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 550, Burbank, CA 91505