If you know fall in Dallas, you know it’s one of the best times of the year. With it comes big events like the State Fair of Texas and the AT&T Red River Showdown. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, you’ll find everything you need to help you get around right here.
State Fair of Texas
Where: Fair Park
When: Friday, September 28 – Sunday, October 21
Plan your visit to the 2018 State Fair of Texas by viewing the daily schedule here. Don’t miss out on the infamous Texas Auto Show or the free concert series at the Chevrolet Main Stage with performances by artists like Ludacris, Hunter Hayes, and more!
There will be two Uber Pickup Zones at the State Fair: Parry Ave and S Fitzhugh Ave. To pick riders up from the fair, follow your in-app navigation and you’ll be guided to your rider’s pickup location.
AT&T Red River Showdown
Where: Cotton Bowl Stadium
When: Saturday, October 6
As the Preferred Ride of the AT&T Red River Showdown, Uber will have two pickup areas for a seamless game day experience: Parry Ave and S Fitzhugh Ave. To pick riders up from the game, follow your in-app navigation and you’ll be guided to your rider’s pickup location.
Rider pro tips:
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with loved ones. You can now share your whereabouts and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- In-app chat directly through the Uber app to contact your driver for the perfect pickup.
- Spotlight. When you’re in crowded areas or it’s nighttime, it can be hard for you and your driver to find one another. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Uber and offers a ride.
You’ll find directions to the stadium and a stadium map here. As we know from years past, ride requests will likely be high from 10am-2pm, 6pm-11pm, and 12am-3am in Uptown, East Dallas, and Fair Park.
Choose your side
Uber + AT&T Red River Showdown
No matter the side, enjoy the ride.