Corporate travel is recovering, but it isn’t quite business as usual. Company travel and expense (T&E) policies are evolving to reflect a new work landscape and diverse employee needs. Many factors are driving these changes:
- Ongoing pandemic health and safety concerns
- A growing hybrid-workplace sector
- Blurred lines between personal and professional travel
- A renewed focus on lessening burnout while increasing retention
- An emphasis on corporate sustainability and diversity
- Overall business travel budget concerns
If you manage travel for your organization, you’re on the front lines of these changes. Being hyper-aware of what employees want and need when they’re on the road can help facilitate the success of your company’s travel program. This means going beyond the basics and ensuring that employees have what they need to feel healthy and productive while traveling.
4 ways to keep traveler well-being front and center
While it’s not possible to predict every bump in the road, travel managers can employ several strategies to improve traveler well-being:
- Keep safety and security top of mind. To make sure employees feel prepared, it’s imperative to keep tabs on the differing rates of recovery by area. You should also work with company leadership to align on safe travel policies.
- Allow for choice and flexibility across your corporate travel program. Adding alternative accommodation options, like home-style rentals, and building in time for bleisure are easy ways to allow business travelers to tailor work trips to personal needs.
Understanding your travelers’ needs at all stages of their journeys allows you to start building a more effective travel policy. While they’re trying to balance business outcomes with personal well-being, you can help remove stress and distractions so they feel healthy, focused, and ready to tackle the tasks at hand.
Looking for more on the needs of the modern business traveler? Download our latest ebook here.
Posted by Uber for Business
Fast Copy-On-Write within Apache Parquet for Data Lakehouse ACID Upserts
Uber Eats NFL Kickoff Sweepstakes for Couriers Official Rules
Information for pickups and dropoffs at Hard Rock Stadium
July 4th Shop and Pay with Uber Eats Gift Card Sweepstakes Official Rules