- Are at least 21 years old,
- Have held an Open licence for 12 months or more
- Can provide supporting documents
- Has at least 4 doors
- Has a model year that is 10 years old or newer
- Is in good driving condition with no cosmetic damage
- ANCAP 5-Star rated, or fall under our vehicle exemption policy
Signing up with Uber in Tasmania
Use one of the sign up links to create an account. Next, upload a few documents including your Tasmania driver’s licence, a Working with Children Check, proof of identification such as passport or birth certificate, a valid profile photo, and your vehicle insurance.
Finally, you will be required to lodge a background check. Learn more >
All drivers in Tasmania are required to pass a vehicle inspection before account setup is complete. Book an inspection appointment at the RACT Autoserve.
Why drive using the Uber app?
Whether you’re supporting your family, saving for something big, or simply like the idea of being your own boss, driving with Uber is a flexible way to make some extra money when it suits you.
You can visit us in-person at one of our Greenlight Hubs, or contact our online support team 24/7 in-app or at help.uber.com/partners.