How star ratings work
The Uber platform features a 2-way rating system: drivers and riders give each other ratings based on their trip experience. Your driver rating is an average of the last 500 ratings from your riders.
In this video, you’ll learn about:
- When you’ll first see your average driver rating
- How often your average changes
- What riders think about when choosing a rating
- What happens when a rider gives a lower rating
- Where to see ratings and feedback
The basics of ratings
After each trip, riders and drivers have the opportunity to rate each other from 1 to 5 stars, based on their trip experience. Ratings are anonymous. You won’t see individual ratings tied to a particular trip or person.
How to give, get, and check ratings
1. After a trip, the app gives you and your rider each the opportunity to provide a rating.
2. If you or your rider chooses lower than 5 stars, the app may ask for a bit more feedback about why that rating was chosen.
3. Riders also have the option to choose from a set of compliments that apply to you or your trip together.
4. The app adds the ratings you get into an average that’s displayed to your riders before and during a trip. Your average rating is an average of the last 500 ratings you’ve received.
5. You can see your ratings, feedback, and compliments in your Driver app. Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner, then your profile photo, and then tap the average rating under your name for details.
Tips for earning a higher rating
Many riders think about certain specific aspects of a trip when giving a rating. Here’s what 5-star drivers say riders appreciate most.
Clean and well-maintained interiors and exteriors help provide a better rider experience.
It doesn’t hurt to chat a bit to your rider. Keep it easygoing, polite, and respectful. You can also ask your rider if they have a preferred route.
Some drivers will provide a little something extra, such as bottled water, mints, or phone chargers.
Frequently asked questions
- Where do I find my average rating, feedback, and compliments?
- What if a rider gives a low rating for something that’s out of my control?
- Do canceled or unaccepted ride requests affect my rating?
- Why does my average rating go up or down so much when I start driving?
- What goes into rating a rider?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.